The changes of parasaurs

DrSmith

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, DrSmith said:

The changes of parasaurs

What does it mean? Do parasaurs detect players inside buildings? Does the change affect the dinos?

I think this means Parasaurs will no longer detect bodies that are inactive and no longer rendered since the following patch:

On 11/30/2018 at 12:07 AM, StudioWildcard said:

v304.42 - 1/7/20

• Applied a one time disabling of replication (invisible) on all sleeping (logged off) players on all Official PvE servers. After logging back onto servers, the players will again replicate (visible) and will continue to remain so for subsequent sleeps. Following this update, if players have been offline for a continuous 2 week time period, their sleeping bodies will no longer replicate. This change will improve both client and server performance by reducing the amount of sleeping bodies that will need to be replicated.

I remember seeing some reports about them going crazy on invisible bodies, etc. Plus I tested just now and buried Purlovias for instance are still detected so this is more of a bug fix than any kind of nerfs.

• 3 weeks later...

They need to just make technology that we can craft and stop putting these abilities behind dinos. Or adjust that parasaur scouting bs. Instead of pinging direct location it should just say "enemy detected" 

Then you have to go through the process of finding it. Tech can be like a floor scouting grenade or drill that has like a 6 to 8 foundation range. Boom there you get your direct location.

Stop holding these players hands with these wack ass dino abilities.

Another suggestion to add risk  you can only ping while on parasaur and/or parasaurs cannot ping while being held.

I am trying to make scouting a bit more fair. They are not going to make defenses better, so raiders need to go through more of a process. Flying around on a argy with parasaur pinging is stupid no brain strategy. They should really come out with scouting kits. Making scouting a real thing.

24 minutes ago, ChaoticBerzerkr said:

They need to just make technology that we can craft and stop putting these abilities behind dinos. Or adjust that parasaur scouting bs. Instead of pinging direct location it should just say "enemy detected" 

Then you have to go through the process of finding it. Tech can be like a floor scouting grenade or drill that has like a 6 to 8 foundation range. Boom there you get your direct location.

Stop holding these players hands with these wack ass dino abilities.

Another suggestion to add risk  you can only ping while on parasaur and/or parasaurs cannot ping while being held.

I am trying to make scouting a bit more fair. They are not going to make defenses better, so raiders need to go through more of a process. Flying around on a argy with parasaur pinging is stupid no brain strategy. They should really come out with scouting kits. Making scouting a real thing.

Maybe for pvp but not pve. The scout still doesn’t tell you what it is. 

• 5 weeks later...

Wish they would nerf the parasaur detect properties. It was cool when the wolf could sniff out buried dinos and wounded but you had to actually ride the wolf and ativate the sniff ability. Their were no big letter notifacations and no pinpoint ping. You had to stop, sniff and look around for any little symbols. Almost like it required being cognitive. Not the mindless fly around till your screen has flashing lights and big "ENEMY DETECTED" written on your screen so that even a half brain dead pot head could stop and say "I think I found something."

When they turned the parasaur into the magic 360° radar dish it just got stupid. Whats the point of trying to hide a stash if you make it so easy to sweep the map with this? Just another way for mega tribe no lifes to deny casual players progress.

Archived