Help Understanding How to Get Color Mutations

Charyzard

Help Understanding How to Get Color Mutations

I'm new to breeding and I've tried looking at guides but it is still a little confusing for me so if someone could help me out and dumb it down as much as possible I would appreciate it.

I have a male boss rex that was given to me by an ally on PVE, it has good HP and damage. I bred him with my female tamed rex a few times for fun and I have a daughter with the dad's HP and a son with the HP and the damage. 

I would like to try and breed more babies that have the HP and damage from the father, however I want to introduce color mutations in somewhere. From my understanding, each dino can only inherit 20 mutations from the parents and the dad has thousands.

I tried breeding him with the daughter that has the HP so the babies would be guaranteed to have the same HP, but when I do it says the baby has both a bazillion mutations from the dad AND the mom's side.

Would breeding the male with the tamed female allow for color mutations to happen since she was wild and has no mutations on her side? 

Archived