Is it allowed to use INI now ?

Josker

Is it allowed to use INI now ?

My Question is now that i see so many people playing with a configeration of there own Files that you dont get blind effects or that its not dark or other stuff like not seeing tress and bushes ? Is it now allowed to use such stuff on Ark Official PVP Servers ? Since people like me who dont use that and not config there files are really getting the short end of the Stick since we get a huge disadvantage to the people that use it

The stuff in that video is way beyond an INI tweak. That fool is using external libraries. Much like the ENB series shaders add visual life to games like GTA, one can use those same techniques to add code which removes foliage and the like to other games.

Also, you have always been welcome to edit your own configuration files, but unless they turn off the enforcement values, the tweaks to things like gamma do not work at all. Our server cluster has the PvP gamma enabled and you can set your gamma to whatever you want but the server overrides it. Perhaps they relaxed their stance on gamma on officials and turned off enforcement?

Archived