pc Switched from PS4 to PC....Unbearable Lag on PC? Or just bad server?

WolfBrink

Switched from PS4 to PC....Unbearable Lag on PC? Or just bad server?

(TL;DR at bottom)

So after much contemplation, I've decided to switch to PC after 4+ years of console gameplay. I built myself a PC with a RTX 2070, Ryzen 2600x CPU, and 16gb of ram plus a lot of other upgrades and good components.

I logged into the game today for the first time, and noticed a "Fresh" Official Island server only a few hundred days old, so I joined in.

First impression: WOW! the game looks AMAZING on PC compared to PS4, I'm able to run around on Ultra settings without even a studder even rendering in bases. Just your normal Ark lagg spike every 20 mins that lasts 10-20 seconds.

After about 2 hours and I started focusing on performance over aesthetics I noticed that equipping weapons or performing actions have a Input Lagg delay that's about 1 second long at all times. (I press 2 to put away my axe, but there's a very noticable delay before he actually puts it away) it's extremely irritating when on PS4 its instant.

The Raptors I tamed literally FLY all over the map when i put them on follow. They literally glitch and fly and rubberband all over the place and are absolutely out of control. Never an issue in PS4, this is literally next level rubber banding that's constant.

On my raptor, I tried to eat a number of parasaurs and phlomnia. It was SO much trouble trying to kill anything with my tames. All the wild dinos literally start to rubber band all over the place and teleport behind you the moment they try to run when attacking them.

*TL;DR*: Input lagg on all actions, equipping and equipping for example, tames on follow fly and rubber band all over the place and out of control, and I cant kill wild dinos with my tames because the moment wild dinos start to run or attack they turn into a teleporting, rubber banding mess.

Again, I've played ark for 4+ years on console, I know what normal server lagg is, this is something else. Is it just this newish Island server? Or is this normal for PC? Is there a fix? I want to play this on PC badly, but this is unbearable.

6 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is normal official server lag. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/UnusualPeppyTaroKevinTurtle so this follow mechanic is normal on PC on a 24/7 basis? This is how everything follows all the time on this server. Not just once in awhile. Also when attacking stuff you and the victim just start teleporting around in circles and only half of your hits get detected.

If so, it is extremely pathetic that PS4 runs 5x better than PC.

Archived