Still cant play the game and no response from support....

ShdowHuntr

Still cant play the game and no response from support....

Bought the game and have been unable to play it do to Fatal Error Crash every single time i try to play. I have tried everything to fix this with no success and have sent a ticket to support on
Monday still with no response. Are there any devs that can help make their game work or should i just refund the game through Steam as broken?

I have no problems running any other game on my system so i don't get what is up with Ark or why their support team ignores game breaking problems. If it is a known technical error they could at least tell me how to fix it or link me to the solution.

Always seems to happen within first 10 minutes of playing when i am in my inventory crafting and/or moving items to hotbar. Game freezes with fatal error then kicks me to desktop.

Screenshot (6) - Copy.png

On 4/2/2020 at 5:39 PM, Ultradmb said:

did you try to validate your game files?

Open Steam Client > Library > right click ARK > Properties > Local Files > Validate > Validate

Yeah I've tried that multiple times. Will say missing 7 files and then "restores them" if i scan again will say no missing files. Start the game. Crashes. Scan again 7 missing files. Tried uninstalling and deleting all files. Reinstalled and scanned. Missing 7 files. 

On 4/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, HiImZech said:

its some gamepad settings. did you manually edit the buttons functionality and made a mistake somewhere and now the game can't map the hotkeys properly?

gamepad is releasing = disconnecting gamepad possibly

will recommend not using gamepad for now and revert the gamepad controls to default

Maybe. I was using a Xbox One controller with steam in Big Picture mode and only remapped the right joystick from "joystick mouse" to "joystick move" so i don't see why that should cause a crash in my inventory menu. Also tried using a PS4 controller with the same joystick change plus changing the touchpad to the "select" button so it would be my map. Still crashes in inventory menu. Haven't tried just mouse and keyboard yet but i guess ill test that. 

Still no reply from Wildcard Support almost a week later.

Archived