Random mic people?

dilos

So what's up with the weird mic people? Why do I need to hear them eather mumbling (speaking, but the sound is very unclear), or just annoying microphone sounds, or speaking at all anyway? It's not like I'm playing with these people. Someone just decides on a server that hey, it's time to bother everybody with my noise for no reason. Why?

Today I heard a child's voice saying "Papa! Papa!" ...

Which was simply... odd?

Well anyways. I don't get it. Why do people do this? And god is there a way to mute them? Nothing has had me more confused in this game.

I could never imagine myself just randomly turning on a mic and if not rambling about stuff no one cares about to strangers then breathing loudly in it or uh... making everyone listen to the sounds of my home. I heard a dog barking once too in the background. And often kids. It's like I'm spying on them and I don't even want to - not to mention it is very, very annoying when you're just trying to chill and play a game.

11 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

When you are close to a person on the server, you may here them if they have a mic. as you get farther away,m you shouldn't be able to hear them anymore

That's how I expect whisper and yell to work - whisper might have current sound propagation and yell could be voice_global, same volume across the map or much larger radius of effect. Anyways, I don't see anything in patchnotes or news so that's not it.

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I told a guy that I couldn't understand him, and he was like "what my mic is on?" -ergo apparently it's possible they don't even know. Weird.

They probably have voice chat on toggle instead of push-to-talk and forgot to turn it off. I met couple who was running around breathing heavily.

Archived