Exploiting Deep Sea Loot Crates by building Foundations in all but 2 spawn spots

MyNameIs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't quite possible to block them all, there are two (10.5, 40.2 and 8.2, 91.2) that appear on top of underwater cave structures that I don't believe you can place foundations or pillar/ceilings on.  That said, the render range (on Xbox anyways) isn't very large. To have them spawn in completely random locations would make them almost impossible to locate, even with first person mount riding and the SCUBA mask.

Maybe it should be this way, I'm not sure.  I play on a private dedicated server with just a couple people, so it hasn't become an issue for us.

5 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i tried this last weekend on my server and the drops still spawned, one right next to a foundation the the other basically inside a foundation.

I've honestly not had that issue.  I have a base at Hidden Lake with my water pen in the river just south of it.  I only have to stop at two locations (the ones I mentioned above), and they are always there, every 40-50 minutes. It's only a 5 minute trip.  As I was blocking them off I would wait until there was a drop there, grab it, then place a foundation on that exact point.  Slowly over a week or two my friend and I blocked them all.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, swurvy said:

I've honestly not had that issue.  I have a base at Hidden Lake with my water pen in the river just south of it.  I only have to stop at two locations (the ones I mentioned above), and they are always there, every 40-50 minutes. It's only a 5 minute trip.  As I was blocking them off I would wait until there was a drop there, grab it, then place a foundation on that exact point.  Slowly over a week or two my friend and I blocked them all.

hmmm...ya, i thought it was supposed to work but didnt for me, not sure why. its 99% vanilla server...who knows:S. i was only doing it for the weekend anyways, trying to get some higher lvl fur BP's for the snow cave. 

3 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

This is weird because land based drops are unaffected by built items..  the drop in the middle of Carno island goes right through  my Tavern can't see why ocean drops would be affected..

That's actually odd... A lot of above ground drops I've seen blocked by bases. Only to reappear after the base was removed. 

For myself, I just play a private dedicated server with a couple people, it isn't an issue at all.

As far as dropping in random locations, they don't actually drop, they just appear.  I could see random locations working if you could see them coming down, but with them just materializing I'm not sure anyone would find them.

3 hours ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

This is weird because land based drops are unaffected by built items..  the drop in the middle of Carno island goes right through  my Tavern can't see why ocean drops would be affected..

That doesn't appear to be the case all of the time.  There are 3 different loot drops that come down inside the walls of Hidden Lake, but ever since I've built there, they have completely stopped.

4 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I have only ever found one deep sea loot crate v.v I play single player mostly. Kinda terrified to go looking for extended periods of time

Nonsense!;)  Get yourself a decent leveled megalodon, with that you can take on most of the plesies (or rise above them).  Grab a SCUBA suit, maybe two tanks, and a GPS.  Change your view to first person riding so that you get the better sight with your SCUBA mask while riding.  If you are swimming right beside your mega, switch to your GPS quickly right before you press Y to ride, and you will have your GPS in hand while riding.  This will make your trip significantly safer.  Also, take plenty of food and some fria curry for the frigid NW.  Search, and profit!  You won't regret the effort put in, the rewards can be great.

Interesting, will try it on my SP and report back with whether it works or not.

If it does work the only issue I see is people blocking off all the drops so nobody can get them. They are usually spread out enough, the only base locations I could see benefiting from this are ones near the Dead Island drops.

Archived