YoU aRe BeInG TaRgEtEd By A sWaRm!

Legowarrior145

YoU aRe BeInG TaRgEtEd By A sWaRm!

There cannot be someone here who has not been attacked by swarms within 5 minutes of another, so why aren't they nerfed yet?

For example, frogs deal increased damage and get cementing paste or small amounts of scrap metal

Reduce aggro range

Reduce spawn rate

Make armor have some resistance

Standing torches repel them

Spawn at level one so you wouldn't need more than one torch to kill a swarm

Fix how swarms can only be attacked in third person

6 minutes ago, Gelantious said:

I wouldn't trust that since the other patch note:

Insect swarms now give chitin instead of hide

Seems wrong as I got hide from them last night...

the 309.42 mod undid a bunch of patches from 309.4, however 309.44 has fixed some of those 'undone' items,  you should be getting chitin from the bug swarms again as well as meat.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Gelantious said:

I wouldn't trust that since the other patch note:

Insect swarms now give chitin instead of hide

Seems wrong as I got hide from them last night...

It's possible the update did an oopsy and reverted it as it has with teleporting issues. But can't say for certain.

3 hours ago, GP said:

They must know how much you love complaining! ?

only about bugs, only about bugs.

btw, the latest patch did seem to fix the bug spawns again, not getting a swarm every time I leave my house.

Butttt….

Because they bumped up spawn rates to "fix" the spawn bug that's been floating around genesis,  I had... 3 sarco, 2 kapro, 4 raptors, 2 bary, 2 bronto just outside the house, all of them were above 100 lvls except 1 raptor and the bronto's (25+95).   The spawn issue still happens, but I think people just aren't seeing it as much because its covered up with the increased spawn rate.  If you clear everything  2x over, your back at square 1 where nothings spawning in for a long while.

So I saw someones video (cant remember who) that showed how roll rats would grab the aggro of the bugs and they wouldnt attack it. I went and tamed one and put it in my base to help with swarms. It mostly works, if it says you are being targeted then go near ur roll rat, they switch to targeting the rat but they dont attack it or you. They just fly around the rat doing nothing. Only time it didnt work so far for me was when I let the insects hit me when near the roll rat, that caused them to aggro onto the rat and keep hitting it. Seems like as long as they target the roll rat before hitting you then no problems.

Archived