I need metal run strategy ideas

Leafy

I play on my own PVE non dedicated server with my friends and it seems we can’t make efficient metal runs. Currently we take our one best argent with 1200 weight and 3 wyvern but we can only bring back around 1600 on the argent and 500 on a each wyvern. I’m looking to bring back around 5000 or so. We only have primitive (metal)picks too. If anyone has any strategy’s that are efficient and fast plz lmk.

9 hours ago, Leafy said:

I play on my own PVE non dedicated server with my friends and it seems we can’t make efficient metal runs. Currently we take our one best argent with 1200 weight and 3 wyvern but we can only bring back around 1600 on the argent and 500 on a each wyvern. I’m looking to bring back around 5000 or so. We only have primitive (metal)picks too. If anyone has any strategy’s that are efficient and fast plz lmk.

You need a quetzal and an anky....just started running into this problem myself on solo and decided to look around on how to fix this problem myself. The simple solution, get a quetz, platform saddle, and build a bit of a ramp off the side of the quetzal that goes down and hopefully into the ground....drive the anky up on the lip of the ramp, then have someone drive the quetzal up against the metal nodes while you swing.....since the anky can keep gathering even when its overloaded, the quetzal will be the mobility, and the anky will be the gathering tool. Also since the metal weight is halved by the anky, you can carry twice the weight in metal on a quetzal instead of just using the quetzal by itself. 

This method also works with the armadillo dude for stone, theizisour for wood, ect. ect.

If you get knocked off the quetzal, just have your buddy circle around, dig the ramp into the ground, and as long as a player is ontop of the anky, it will automatically pick you and anky up for some more gathering. 

When metal farming never forget the power of the whip! You can make dinos move even when encumbered, and you can also drop all the items from an inventory and whip them up easily (best for transfering to and from forges).

As for metal runs, crabs are the best. They can pick up and toss dinos no matter how much weight they're carrying. On abberation there's an insane amount of metal in the blue zone, so you can toss and whip around an anky until every slot is filled with metal. Its a good idea to have forges and a transmitter down there, you'll be rich with metal.

Archived