Best way to kill wild gigas

Just now, Boshek77 said:

I think you would just kill it with one of your leveled Gigas and a really good saddle.  No biggie.  If you don't have a dino to kill it, you can trap one and just shoot it, or drown it.  All viable options.

Thanks, but I don’t have a tamed giga. I have never encountered one other that looking at it through a spyglass. How would I trap/drown it?

DROWN the giga!  Easiest way.  Agro it with a flyer that has high stamina and health. Kite it into a spot in the water that makes it hard to climb back onto the beach. Continue to agro the Giga as it swims farther out to sea. once it sinks underwater, hover above it until it drowns. then jump in water and harvest heart.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

DROWN the giga!  Easiest way.  Agro it with a flyer that has high stamina and health. Kite it into a spot in the water that makes it hard to climb back onto the beach. Continue to agro the Giga as it swims farther out to sea. once it sinks underwater, hover above it until it drowns. then jump in water and harvest heart.

50 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Dodos with levels into melee make quick work of gigas I would recommend drowning or lava if the map has that.

I am on the island and the only giga I have found is on polymer mountain (the one near the volcano). 

Trapping a giga is the same as any other trap, just bigger, 4 walls high at least and all metal. u can leave large gaps for you to run through or metal dino gateframes w/ no doors since giga can't get through them.  just have them run up a 4 wall high ramp into pen have a ring of metal dino gates to close the space up and u can just run right on out and turn around and blast it , or heck, tranq it and then slaughter it in it's sleep w/ a chainsaw.

If you wanna tame one, use crossbow, faster loading time over a longneck makes for better torpor management.

Archived