magmasaur burn damage Magmasaur Vs Wild Magmasaurs = WAH !?

slejo

Magmasaur Vs Wild Magmasaurs = WTF !?

Can someone wise from WC tell me why my beast ... Magmasaur The Fire Creature...
creature that is all time burning inside and outside, that swims in lava untouchable, that MATES only in lava....

Why this beast is getting damage when wild Magmasaur projectiles at him a fireball..???!
I was yesterday at my first magma volcano fight and it was unbelivable... fire hungry beast was burning... getting fire damage from other magmas. I tooght it will get only phisical damage of claws bite... but not.. it was burning like stupid baryonyx.

Is it bug.. or its intended.. if bug - fix it as soon as possible.. if intended - please be nice and explain me your logic.

magneto2.jpg

He is not immune to fire. He is immune to lava. WC logic.

Also,

- Hitbox/meshes is broken (to short to even gather things properly - i saw several obsidian nodes that is impossible to gather with it, even when you are literally inside the meshes with his mouth);

- All the creatures go for his belly or tail and you cannot hit nothing unless is directly in front of you (not like it have a giant tail to swing, right?). Is way worst than the Tuso - every single garbage/dodo in your way will get you stucked for life. Also trees, he cannot swipe them all in one hit - you will be stucked in all of them too (and the low attack rate will eat several minutes just to clear ground to walk). Add all this things with his turning radius and done, FUN!;

- He eats/gather primarily stone (most food per unit), but don't have weight reduction for it - meaning he is a essentially an ambulant inventory management mini-game (you need to clear his inventory like once a minute to be able to even walk);

- Does not harvest flint...;

- His "furnace" mode is worst than a basic furnace... and drain his food in a second...

There is more, but meh... This "beast" will probably still be just a gimmick to use for 15mins and trow in a pod for life - just because his balls can damage tek and metal (and this is all that is needed for PvE right?).

45 minutes ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

He is not immune to fire. He is immune to lava. WC logic.

Immune to lava = immune to fire.. Magmasaur BURNS, is wielding flame like freaking BALROG. It BREATHES with fire when smelting metal.... Damn!

Get him some fire BALLS, WC. A burning sack! Show us that this guy is a real HOT FIGHTER... Make Magmasaur a f(...)ucking fireman, an indestructible god of fire ... indestructible until someone pours him a bucket of water..

Unflammable Badass!!!!

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Magmasaur Vs Wild Magmasaurs = WAH !?

isn't it awesome? some beach bob with some oil slicks and flame arrows can totally destroy your lvl 400+ magmasaur!

honestly, it would of made more sense if the magmasaur was vulnerable to cold effects, like extreme cold temperatures would cause damage to it, being expecially vulnerable to ice wyvern, and perhaps a new weapon to fight them with, nitrogen arrows / bullets that cause a freezing effect with damage.

but... that would of took some forethought and not just another dino made from a existing template.

far as i can tell, magmasaurs are just large glorified anky's.

people are made of meat, we eat meat, and we love to mate with other meat. but if i ball the meat up on the end of my arm and strike other meat with it, it will damage it.  we're also made mostly of water, that should make us immune to water pressure.  FYI lava is molten stone, silicate, and metal, that is some heavy stuff my dude.

10 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

FYI lava is molten stone, silicate, and metal, that is some heavy stuff my dude.

Yes, but Magmasaur is not only lavamade.

1 - It Burns with open fire all the time - why its not taking any damage then?

2 - Has fire inside and outside when smelting. - why its not taking any damage then?

Aaaand.... is there any idea how to destroy lava using open fire? :

On 4/1/2020 at 7:39 AM, slejo said:

Yes, but Magmasaur is not only lavamade.

1 - It Burns with open fire all the time - why its not taking any damage then?

2 - Has fire inside and outside when smelting. - why its not taking any damage then?

Aaaand.... is there any idea how to destroy lava using open fire? :

You seem to have missed his point. A lava attack isn't necessarily a fire attack, it's slinging heavy stuff that can/should do brunt damage due to the momentum of the lava.... Idk about fire arrows tho, does seem kinda silly that those would hurt it. Also since the main point of a lava attack is to burn things seems like it should at least be reduced damage. My first thought was maybe the lava crusts on and hurts it by cooling down, but since it can swim around in the stuff and emerge from a pool with out turning into a boulder, that is a non starter.

I believe that physical attack of Wild Magmasaurs vs Your Magma should be the only one.
Its not that you will be invincible!
When you run with your Magma towards 10 - 15 wild Magmas that can hit you psysically is enough challenge.

Please fix this bug, stop pretend to forcefully justify, that fire / lava attack can harm Magmasaur!

21 hours ago, slejo said:

I believe that physical attack of Wild Magmasaurs vs Your Magma should be the only one.
Its not that you will be invincible!
When you run with your Magma towards 10 - 15 wild Magmas that can hit you psysically is enough challenge.

Please fix this bug, stop pretend to forcefully justify, that fire / lava attack can harm Magmasaur!

you know man i actually agree with you believe it or not.  I don't feel like magmasaurs should be affected by the lava spit. That is my opinion on a design choice though, not a bug, and it's a design choice i can work around.

Archived