Wrong version in linux repository ?

Selunie

1 hour ago, BjornStormcrow said:

I have begun stalking the pigeons that live on my deck with a cobbled together slingshot, not sure what kibble they take... please fix the servers before I need to start going after the squirrels next to get my fix! (and I appreciate the quick response its good to know that its being worked on at least)

update: the pigeons have fled, obviously I should have used a bola, I then spent 10 minutes stalking a squirrel through the nearby park, neighbors where looking at me weird. 

1 hour ago, Xandor said:

You must be new to the game. haha

This has been an issue since they released linux binaries :P Quite many times they have done this ;)

2 hours ago, Ligone said:

You're kidding me? ?

There was version indifference before genesis, but never major versions and never them leaving out binaries is what i meant.

Atleast before genesis they made it playable when they did mess it up.

5 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Just following up to let you all know that the Linux binaries are being updated now. 

(please be patient with us, everyone adjusting to working remote and social distancing can be tough for us too :) ) 

Do not use the current situation as an excuse for the failing to update the game correctly.

This has been happening a long time before any pandemic hit. 

Only a short time ago the Genesis patch completely left out the linux binaries, making us patch it ourselves.

It was then behind for weeks as the team only made changes to Windows for official servers.

Sorry Wildcard. We are nerds, social distancing is nothing new for us.
I'm working also in the development and remote working is here our daily business. What does social distancing todo with build simple tests for your linux server?

You need to talk face 2 face for it, or what?

Sorry, a bad excuse. A better answer would damn guys we made a mistake again but we try to make it better next time and ensure linux server also working fine after updates.

All is good right now... thanks for updating us.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, pleinx said:

Sorry Wildcard. We are nerds, social distancing is nothing new for us.
I'm working also in the development and remote working is here our daily business. What does social distancing todo with build simple tests for your linux server?

Working remote is new for our engineers and having to remote in to the build machine isn't typical, no. Yes, someone made a mistake.

It isn't an excuse, it's being transparent with info. 

9 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Working remote is new for our engineers and having to remote in to the build machine isn't typical, no. Yes, someone made a mistake.

Thank you for the patch, everything is working.

For the future, it would be nice if Linux was not behind the official servers.

It's been happening a lot more frequently recently and often takes quite a while for a fix.

24 minutes ago, Dollie said:

First of all: thanks for fix, it works

Then i hope your developers gets now enough time to spend for creating a good remotly environment ?

On 3/31/2020 at 8:12 AM, ToeiRei said:

I have to admit, I'm glad I noticed so I was able to shut down some servers I run. On the other hand it's a genius way to get rid of titanosaur tames....

I still haven't run the update. Things like this are why I have an update script that I run by hand. No automation for updates at all.

Archived