Anyone know why loading a painting onto a canvas causes the game to kick me?

Anyone know why loading a painting onto a canvas causes the game to kick me?

Title. I recently learned you can load up custom paintings onto xbox one via the windows 10 thing so I spent all day getting set up for that on the nitrado server i play on. I placed down all of my paint canvases in my room, got some good looking images relating to gundam or star wars or something else. However, whenever I actually load the painting up, the painting loads up half way, then it freezes and i get kicked from the game. I actually just tried to set up a phantom of the paradise painting for my tribe mate and it came out halfway done. 

Kind of frustrated over this thing, and so I'm hoping someone can help. Someone else on the server i'm on thinks it might have been bugged for a while now. 

Hm, perhaps, but i was talking to some other guy on the subreddit, because i asked the same question, and he said he had the same problem too when loading up a painting from the actual in game camera you can get, and that's happened to me as well, at the time i just thought it was a glitch. And even then, i scaled all of my images down to 256x256 like the video from the TLC 138 guy told me to. 

33 minutes ago, adirtygriff said:

Hm, perhaps, but i was talking to some other guy on the subreddit, because i asked the same question, and he said he had the same problem too when loading up a painting from the actual in game camera you can get, and that's happened to me as well, at the time i just thought it was a glitch. And even then, i scaled all of my images down to 256x256 like the video from the TLC 138 guy told me to. 

Think that feature only works on pc ps4/Xbox usually crash or dc when you try to do it 

18 hours ago, Chainer117 said:

I'd like to see a resolution for this as well. From what I've read it has to do with high ping, I've attempted when i'm the only one on the server at night and it still does a kick. Any devs on this? it's a broken component to the game. camera why build one?

That doesn't make sense, usually the ping's pretty low for me. usually like....30 or so, and it still always ends in a kicking. And like a year ago on the same server cluster I was able to do it without any problems. Just sounds like the actual code for the game is raptored, maybe. I still haven't gotten a resolution to this anywhere, sadly. 

I just dont bother doing it anymore, I tried a bunch, kept getting kicked part way through, went back in game continued the painting and usually after 2-3 tries I would successfully finish canvas. I had like 25 canvases I was trying to paint so after doing this enough to get like 10-15 of them done it kicked me and hardware id banned me and my whole household from playing on any server that wasnt OC. Ended up having to change internet providers to get it working again and wont bother risking that again. Also trying to call my old ISP while I was being blocked and explaining the issue and what they needed to do to fix it, was told many times from multiple people that they dont have the capability to fix it and basically didnt know anything. Super frustrating, hope no one else has to go through that cause it wasnt worth it for some canvases.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, Piffguru said:

I just dont bother doing it anymore, I tried a bunch, kept getting kicked part way through, went back in game continued the painting and usually after 2-3 tries I would successfully finish canvas. I had like 25 canvases I was trying to paint so after doing this enough to get like 10-15 of them done it kicked me and hardware id banned me and my whole household from playing on any server that wasnt OC. Ended up having to change internet providers to get it working again and wont bother risking that again. Also trying to call my old ISP while I was being blocked and explaining the issue and what they needed to do to fix it, was told many times from multiple people that they dont have the capability to fix it and basically didnt know anything. Super frustrating, hope no one else has to go through that cause it wasnt worth it for some canvases.

God that sucks so hard, jesus christ...Yeah, this doesn't sound like an internet problem, this just sounds like a problem with the actual game, and they should really fix it on consoles. Is there anyway to like report this, because...i literally never come here. to be honest i completely forgot i had an account here that i apparently made last year. 

9 minutes ago, adirtygriff said:

God that sucks so hard, jesus christ...Yeah, this doesn't sound like an internet problem, this just sounds like a problem with the actual game, and they should really fix it on consoles. Is there anyway to like report this, because...i literally never come here. to be honest i completely forgot i had an account here that i apparently made last year. 

Yea its a server thing cause when on the singleplayer with an xbox char and win 10 char doing the painting and saving of the file, I never crashed or had any problems at all. Then on the actual official servers it fails 85% of the time.

Ive contemplated trying it again but only doing like 1 a day or something like that cause Im sure it was the constant crashing and logging back in immediately that caused the servers to think it was an attack or something and banned my hardward id but hasnt seemed worth it to even try so far.

9 hours ago, Luewen said:

Painting canvases have been broken for a while now. If you try to use multiple differen dyes the game will kick you put. 1 or 2 color might work.

Sounds like slowing down the rate at which you apply the dyes to the canvases might fix it. because i noticed that unless you have like 200% of a dye, it'll just go by really quickly. Like...if it says 0% it shouldn't need anything. 

11 hours ago, Sethz said:

just limit ur pc's upload rate with a tool like netlimiter and you are fine 50kb works for me on official

This is actually interesting as the client should not be uploading more than 50 kb/s max. Even without limiter. So painting canvases must bypass the cdata bandwidth limit and cause server to kick you put.

Then again same issue were fixed multiple times in the past and then it broke again after few patches.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:15 PM, Luewen said:

Painting canvases have been broken for a while now. If you try to use multiple differen dyes the game will kick you put. 1 or 2 color might work.

This doesnt work cause every painting I tried to do was extremely basic, just paint the whole canvas black and have white letters. only 2 colors used and it would crash consistently.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:55 AM, Sethz said:

just limit ur pc's upload rate with a tool like netlimiter and you are fine 50kb works for me on official

Also not a solution for me since my issues and I believe the OPs is on xbox so no way to limit the upload rate.

Edited by Piffguru
13 hours ago, Piffguru said:

This doesnt work cause every painting I tried to do was extremely basic, just paint the whole canvas black and have white letters. only 2 colors used and it would crash consistently.

Also not a solution for me since my issues and I believe the OPs is on xbox so no way to limit the upload rate.

Well, I'm on xbox and windows 10, I'm using windows 10 to actually get the paintings onto the server i play on on xbox, so...perhaps that might work somehow. I'll try it later in the week. 

10 hours ago, adirtygriff said:

Well, I'm on xbox and windows 10, I'm using windows 10 to actually get the paintings onto the server i play on on xbox, so...perhaps that might work somehow. I'll try it later in the week. 

Oh are you playing on a cross play server? cause I was getting my paintings onto an official non crossplay server so I needed to paint through the xbox at the end of the day so no option for limiting the upload rate. If you are on cross server and painting through the windows 10 version maybe you have more options?