Threatened by the Ark Support Staff!

Illuminatus

Threatened by the Ark Support Staff!

Dear folks,

everything started by me reporting that someone has pillared the entire underwater cave on the tiny Genesis map where blue gems can be found and started to enclose the entrance so nobody could go there any more. This is a clear violation of the Code of Conduct:

Blocking access to important resources

Structure Spamming - placing structures down such as pipes or wires for the purpose of disrupting others gameplay is against our code of conduct.

GM intervention may be necessary if your structure or creature is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

Their base takes about 2% of the cave, so there is enough space for other tribes to build there - the cave is huge. However they pillared absolutely everything. I could not even place a storage box somewhere.

The first answer of the support was that this is not the artifact cave, so building there is fine. The support did not even read my message properly. I did not complain about them building down there. I complain about keeping everyone else out and disconnect them from unique resources, such as blue gems. Of course the support closed also the ticket as it has been processed for them. So I opened another ticket saying "Pillaring issue still not resolved" and asked nicely to read my report. The second response:

Thank you for your report.

As explained on the response to your previous ticket on this matter, tribes are allowed to live in any cave that is not a artifact cave, mission cave, or that has no build restriction in them. We will not be taking action in this case as the cave in question is not a artifact cave or it has no build restrictions in this cave. Which means its intended to be built in.

Our resolution on this is final, we recommend you to not opening new tickets on about this matter. 

Sincerely,

2 different support guys and none of them did actually read my report properly. Same procedure: The support did close the ticket, so I could not respond.

I opened another ticket, explaining everything more clearly so that there was no way to misunderstand it a third time. Read the response of the same support guy:

Thank you for your report.

Tribes are allowed to live in any cave that is not a artifact cave, mission cave, or that has no build restriction in them. If this particular cave is not one of these, they are allowed to pillar the area to claim it for their tribe's use. As explained, we will not be taking action in this case as as it means its intended to be built in. If you open a new ticket for the same reason, your access to the report system will be revoked as you are spamming tickets and delaying us from providing support to others in need.

Sincerely,

This guy is overshooting this entirely. I wish he would put as much grief into actually doing his job as he is doing by threatening players like me which just want to enjoy the game without being cut off from resources. I was showing this response to my wife (which is not a gamer at all and keeps wondering how a grown up man can play computer games). She was extremely amused about how important that support guy thinks his work is. As if I keep them busy and due to that some people might die - just like an emergency medical service ?.

Most players are super nice and add value to make the MMO world a wonderful experience. It's a tiny percentage of players which are problematic and without good working support, these few players can ruin the entire game for absolutely everyone.

• Volunteer Moderator

All support issues need to be taken up with support by ticket.

Nobody on the forums can assist you with this.

As they stated, the tribe you are complaining about is not breaking any rules. Sending them multiple tickets after you are told they are not breaking the rules is simply bogging them down. If you do it enough, they will simply ban your account.

Archived