HOLIDAY EVENTS DO NOT WORK

Hesna008

Suggestion

Hello, I just noticed Ark will be bringing up its Easter holiday event on April 7th.  Holiday events have not been working on private servers since the Genesis update. I have put in 2 bug reports about this and another post.  There has been no response from anyone working with WildCard. I hope this finds someones attention that can look into this matter.  Did they remove custom holiday events?  Is it a bug?  Most importantly, will the event work when the official one is activated?  

Hes

5 replies to this server topic

5 minutes ago, Hesna008 said:

... Most importantly, will the event work when the official one is activated?  

Hes

To be honest I think the only way we are going to found out of it works or not, is to wait for the day in question.  I doubt you'll get an official response from WC on this. 

1 minute ago, Myrm said:

To be honest I think thew only way we are going to found out of it works or not, is to wait for the day in question.  I doubt you'll get an official response from WC on this. 

I know, I think your right. But I had to try. I put 2 bug reports on this website.... Does wildcard not run this site?

Just now, Hesna008 said:

I know, I think your right. But I had to try. I put 2 bug reports on this website.... Does wildcard not run this site?

They do to an extent, but I don't think the Devs themselves visit the forum.  There are moderators, but not all of them, I believe, are WC employees.  I guess some WC employees are members as they make the official posts.  It would be nice if we did get official response to the bug reports submitted here on via the Gooigle docs method, even if it was simply an acknowledgement.  

2 minutes ago, Myrm said:

They do to an extent, but I don't think the Devs themselves visit the forum.  There are moderators, but not all of them, I believe, are WC employees.  I guess some WC employees are members as they make the official posts.  It would be nice if we did get official response to the bug reports submitted here on via the Gooigle docs method, even if it was simply an acknowledgement.  

What is also strange to me is that noone else has commented on this.... we cant be the only ones that have an issue with this. I know other people are having this issue cause ive talked to admins from other servers.

True.  I can understand, to some extent, why the devs themselves do not come here and comment publicly.  I am sure they are extremely busy, and if they started commenting on here, you'd get people here complaining that the devs  are wasting time by chatting on here when they should be "fixing the game".  It's a lose/lose situation for them.  I think that the absence of devs on a game's official forum is not unique to WC. I am sure it's a common theme.

It's also worth bearing in mind that not all people who play Ark come to these forums, or are members.  Many submit bug reports/complaints via other social media outlets, such as Twitter or Facebook.  On Twitter there is a WC employee (@notdollie) who does occasionally respond to players' comments. 

Archived