A change to the Island

Qwertymine

Suggestion

A change to the Island

I recently started a new playthrough(All bosses, all maps) of Ark, and The Island sucks. I'm playing Singleplayer with the Max Difficulty option on, and I haven't seen more than ten level 150 creatures. I've tamed a 150 Kairuku, Mammoth, and Bronto, but that's been it. The Island seems to not like spawning anything above 100, even after a dino wipe. Another problem is spawn issues. Rexes, Spinos, Allos, and Gigas seem to eventually "fall out" of the spawn pool. In a couple hours, I'll stop seeing them altogether. 

I get that the Island is supposed to be the beginner friendly map, but I beat a Titan by this time on Extinction. I'm max player level and haven't seen a Rex over level 100. Is my game just bugged, or does the Island really suck this badly? And if it is just the Island's coding, shouldn't it be changed? This has easily been my most difficult time playing Ark, simply because there's no good powerhouses to really kickstart my progression. 

2 replies to this server topic

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Its really just that most people are spoiled by the level distribution of modded maps like Ragnarok.

Perhaps, but honestly Rag did it best. The only rare high levels were those of the creatures that were rare to start with(Tek Creatures, Wyverns, Griffins, etc.) which made sense. I really felt like I was spending a "fair" amount of time to find a high level creature from the species I wanted. What doesn't seem "fair" is me searching the entire Island for a total of three Rexes, none of which exceed 100. Especially when considering rarer spawns like the Giga and Quetz.

Archived