Thoughts on mining drill

johnm81

Thoughts on mining drill

All in all I am happy with it. It is definitely less effective than an anky (and it should be). Only two things I would adjust is increase durability for prim drills  a little and it definitely needs a higher multiplier for harvesting obsidian as when it breaks it costs almost as much poly as it harvested to fix it. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Thoughts on mining drill

All in all I am happy with it. It is definitely less effective than an anky (and it should be). Only two things I would adjust is increase durability for prim drills  a little and it definitely needs a higher multiplier for harvesting obsidian as when it breaks it costs almost as much poly as it harvested to fix it. 

Thoughts?

Agree on obsidian.

I think dura is very good for prim but gas usage is a bit much. 

I like it for quick runs but the last update for PS4 made it so you can't use it while riding anymore (tried Megatherium, Roo, and Spider). Hope that's just a bug and not intentional.

mining drill, in my opinion - useless. used it couple times, but everytime anky or magma was much better. 

If you go down to genesis vulcano nests, kill all magmas around, and just farm shards with anky, much better return :)
Dont see any situations where the drill would be better..
Its not an early game tool, cause no newbie can afford it and at the time you can afford it, you probably have several ankies to use (and probably magma or crab or argy to carry)
It doesnt provide any additional functions than other things, so it doesnt make it unique. You can use a pickaxe, and get the same results as with a prim mining drill

1 hour ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

It doesnt provide any additional functions than other things,

Besides the weight reduction on many resources?

Also, the pick axe comparison is hyperbole. It is much better and faster than the pick axe. Use it to destroy the pollen nodes in Along Came Pollen. Rips right through those.

Archived