OVERCROWDED NA PVE SERVERS - HOW CAN I EVEN PLAY?

steel777777

On 3/30/2020 at 6:05 AM, steel777777 said:

My question is this, How is anyone supposed to be able to enjoy the game?

I know you will say, "play solo" or "find a non official server" but what if someone wants to play with other people on an official server?

every so often as more and more people start to play?

So you have found all valid things, the building is hard by default, the problem here is that you are going about it the wrong way (no offence.) The problem here is that most people spawn into a server and build on the beach or the first available spot, if none of those spawn spots are available they then go to the next server and repeat the same problem. When every single player decides to build in the default spawn locations, obviously there will be no where to build on any server (in those locations.) The way to work around this is to build away from the spawn locations, and you will quickly find, the central parts of every server are near empty and un-pillared (bit of a generalization here, but you get the idea.) 

You just need to venture out of the safety of the beach and head inland a bit and you will quickly find somewhere nice to build on ANY server!

What you should be doing (in this order):
1. Looking for a server that best suits your connection type , gives u lowest ping and has no lag or minimal (expect lag every 15 mins when the server saves, that's normal.)
2. Find a spot to build inland. Obviously it helps if u have a flyer first to get away from the default spawn locations. Otherwise you'll have to try and make it on foot.

Once you're established, u can keep an eye out for beach openings and snag one of those hot spots when an opening becomes available'.

12 hours ago, ButterMilk said:

Now hear me out, since ark won’t listen to us let’s MAKE them listen, I don’t think they really will care but they might, listen to my tiny plan lmao,

what if we gather 100s of ark players and on the same date at the same time send the same quote like “save ark” or something and say the problem we have, wed attack their email, Twitter etcetc, like a riot!
but one more comment soon rafts are going to be a reck because of the ocean platforms, they are very useful but people are building bridges with them now to islands! Our waters will soon become a lag bomb more then it already is.

Where would you get 100s of people from? And how would you save ark? Server wipe? Within 2 weeks there will be lots of big bases again and new players that can't look further than their initial spawnpoint will complain again.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:37 AM, ButterMilk said:

. I do think a pillar rule should be added to make it so you can only pillar so far It sounds complicated but they could find ways.

Rules don't work unless actually enforced. The WC devs could/should create a game mechanic to restrict pillaring. But there would probably be issues, loopholes,and exploits.

I am a relatively new player playing on the 704 EU Island servcer. I have to say this server will die very quickly, because the chinese who should not even be on the server, have filled the complete map with pillars. And I mean.. the COMPLETE map!! There is no place left to build for new players. I dont get it that there is nothing done about this. Ban the Tribes doing this. Put a ban on non European IPs.. whatever. I mean.. then we could at least read what people are writing in the game and tak to them. But as it is that server is unplayable

On 3/30/2020 at 1:05 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I went back. ?

Official and the larger community is just more fun despite the problems to me.

Same! We've been able to find a spot to build a base even on an Island server that usually has 10+ people on at all times just by scouting around. The only downside is the lag, but you get used to it. Met lots of helpful and friendly people thanks to Official PvE servers. :)

On 3/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, AngrySaltire said:

What Aushegen says. Once you go Unofficial you dont go back and then you wonder why you put up with the shenanigans that is Official. Servers are actually somewhat stable and admins are actually active in policing servers and helping with issues.

I went unofficial then came back to official after server went dead. Most unofficials are abandoned and are unstable due to mods but that’s just my experience. 

Archived