Make even better network bandwidth options for Unofficial Servers

Xystos

Suggestion

Make even better network bandwidth options for Unofficial Servers

hi i Run a Cluster of servers and we like building big bases. As such we have very long loading times for the base to actually render because of the limited info the client gets on what structures are there, even on epic 60 Kbits/s. I know that there are some limitations for Official servers, but a lot of people play on private server.

It would be very nice to not actually have to wait 1 min before the base is rendered in. I hope you will take this into consideration. structures/s increase would be most welcome. Most people have good connections nowadays so its mostly about the strain on the server but with only 5-20 people playing in mine and a lot of other private servers, this would be a non issue. 

Ty for taking your time to read this, and i hope it has some sort of impact ? 

4 replies to this server topic

i have my own private servers at my adress, i have 300Mbit so should be more than enough. I never liked paying rented servers so bought my own ? but afaik there is no option to up the bandwidth atm. i tried this code but it doesnt seem to work, the client just defaults to 60 Kbits/s it seems. dno if the server actuaally ups the bandwidth since i put in the code in the engine.ini and game.ini files there as well. the result was that the loading of bases took just as long at least, so didnt seem to work.

lines to add into ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini (LinuxServer or whatever)

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=XX
LanServerMaxTickRate=XX
MaxClientRate=1048576 (in bytes per second)
MaxInternetClientRate=1048576 (in bytes per second)
MinClientRate=1048576 (in bytes per second)
MinInternetClientRate=1048576 (in bytes per second)

[/script/engine.player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=1048576 (in bytes per second)
ConfiguredLanSpeed=1048576 (in bytes per second)

lines to add into ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini (LinuxServer or whatever)

[/script/engine.gamenetworkmanager]
TotalNetBandwidth=1048576
MaxDynamicBandwidth=149796
MinDynamicBandwidth=6990

Archived