Otter Pen

Monde

Otter Pen

So is there any point making an Otter Pen? I have a few otters for caving and tend to kill them (and myself) on regular occasions. I thought it might be a good idea to make a pen for them to wander in and get fish and pearls while I am not caving.

Does this work? Is there a trick to it? Do they need to be on aggressive or wander to make it work?

Aggressive means a creature will attack anything (you don’t want your otters attacking a Bronto. If the pen is enclosed and the otter can reach other creatures, then fish won’t spawn inside the pen. Wander will make your Dino’s wander like wild Dino’s so they could wonder off. I would put your otters on a small aggressive range and following a strong water/land Dino like a Barry or sarco. Put the water Dino on neutral to come and save the otter if they get over their heads. I would pick an area that spawns almost only coel like the bay in the south of the island (you don’t want brontos frequently spawning as they may kill the Barry/otters. Feel free to ask back on any questions!

On 3/29/2020 at 2:51 PM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Aggressive means a creature will attack anything (you don’t want your otters attacking a Bronto. If the pen is enclosed and the otter can reach other creatures, then fish won’t spawn inside the pen. Wander will make your Dino’s wander like wild Dino’s so they could wonder off. I would put your otters on a small aggressive range and following a strong water/land Dino like a Barry or sarco. Put the water Dino on neutral to come and save the otter if they get over their heads. I would pick an area that spawns almost only coel like the bay in the south of the island (you don’t want brontos frequently spawning as they may kill the Barry/otters. Feel free to ask back on any questions!

I was hoping I could put railings or something  that wouldn't prevent the spawn. darn.

I might Spawn in the Coel with Admin commands to let them fish in their pen then. Pity was hoping it would be open to spawns without Foundations.

45 minutes ago, Knocturnal said:

Point taken, but how will that differ from a water dino pen.?

My water Dino pen is massive. But the Otter Pen I was looking at 5x5 or 8x8. Easy to catch the slippery little guys and empty them often. Water dino pen needs to fit huge dinos in and then you need to run after the tiny Otters to catch them and empty them. Becomes a PITA.

Archived