This is so intimidating, just got back after a year!

sainter

Hey, can anyone possibly suggest a good server for me to start out on? 

I have been away from this game for SO LONG and come back and the community is gigantic. 

I love to chill out, build, explore, gather. I love to meet other people and play together. My worst nightmare is waking up and finding my base complately destoryed. But I also fear doing PVE will get boring without a bit of danger in the game. 

What is a great safe and fun place for beginners to start out? I also prefer 1x rates to have the traditional experience.

Would massively appreciate this advice so I can sink my teeth in while locked at home with corona. 

43 minutes ago, sainter said:

Hey, can anyone possibly suggest a good server for me to start out on? 

I have been away from this game for SO LONG and come back and the community is gigantic. 

I love to chill out, build, explore, gather. I love to meet other people and play together. My worst nightmare is waking up and finding my base complately destoryed. But I also fear doing PVE will get boring without a bit of danger in the game. 

What is a great safe and fun place for beginners to start out? I also prefer 1x rates to have the traditional experience.

Would massively appreciate this advice so I can sink my teeth in while locked at home with corona. 

As @MightyBanana said, PvP will inevitably result in your base being wiped, even on Unofficial.  Official PvP will result in it being wiped daily, or if you get lucky, weekly.  Especially if you are a somewhat chill-out player, PvP isn't the place to go.  There are people on PvP who look for chill-out style players specifically to grief them in the hopes that they rage over in-game voice, and they can catch it on record for some sweet cry-face emojis and upload it to YouTube.

PvE communities exist, they are just more rare.  As far as what server, I would love to say Ragnarok, but it is usually very laggy during server-save times and it will be bothersome.  Maybe start on SE?  Lower population, cool build locations, a few non-standard tames, its a nice server to start on.  But I love SE so I'm a bit biased.

Archived