Remove or rework mutations

Destrian

Suggestion

Mutations were introduced back in 2016 in patch v252.0, introduced in the patch notes as:

' New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3: Random Mutations and Family Trees. At last!!!!'

At that time the devs did not intend mutations to become what they are, thats why they added the 'Random Mutations' counter to hopefully limit the amount of times you can mutate a dino. But they failed. The counter didn't work, and people started mindlessly breeding. They could have fixed the counter or reverted the change, but instead they just forgot about it. Its been 4 years and still they haven't touched it and the game has become what it is.

But now lets imagine how could the game be if instead, they chose to just remove that change. And I'm not saying they should or not I'm just saying lets imagine.

The rest of the breeding mechanics would stay the same, but there's no mutations, specifically stat mutations. Color mutations could have stayed.

Advantages:

-More diversity. People tend to breed the same species, both in PvE and PvP. This means that the creatures that people do not breed end up becoming unseen and useless because they lack the stats. Without mutations, those 'off-meta' creatures have more relevance.

-Base defenses gain much more value at any stage of the game, but soaking is still possible since you still have high armor saddles, imprinting and a bunch of healing methods.

-Ironically, high stat genes become more valuable and rare. With mutations anyone will have the stats given enough time. But without mutations, you have to get lucky and find a high stat from the wild and when this happens it creates hype.

-A better chance for new players. PvP would still be unbalanced, since alpha tribes still have the blueprints, imprinted gigas, tek, etc but without the mutated lines everything becomes just a bit more balanced.

-Mental disconnection time. Since the late game is not 90% about breeding anymore you breed when you need it and thats it. You log off and forget about the game completely and come back when you feel like it, not when theres 100 eggs about to hatch.

Disadvantages:

-The only disadvantage I see is the official people who already bred lines for years, and I really respect this people for their hard work and dedication. These people legit dedicate their lives to the game. If this change actually happened they should make it on a new cluster and keep the old servers like they did on legacy.

Its crazy how such a 'minor' change in 2016 has completely made the game orbit around it for years. What do you guys think?

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived