Thanks WC for ruining tek suits with ridiculous repair costs

MostSpy

So, these are the issues.

- Crafted "Ascendant" blue prints repair costs on official is not viable..
- Tek suits on official  aberration for most end game players was the go-to armor instead of hazard.  Its NOT viable now with the costs.

Notes:

1. On aberration armor is damaged whilst in the rad zone, you slowly take dura damage meaning constant repair cost. This was previously acceptable, an increase would have been fine, however the increase is not a good medium between expensive and fair.
2. A tek suit on ab is a better alternative to haz. It was the go-to armor for most end-game players in the know.
3. This topic reflects issues on OFFICIAL servers, NOT private / local or boosted servers.

i think sense they nerf the armor i think they should buff it in one way or another

ether

• Extra Armor: instead of the 175 armor it could have ether 250 or even 300. due to the cost it should be the best Armor in the game! and of you get a Acendnet set it could give you 1000 each!
  • More durable: just make it last longer
  • all armor buff: If you wear a full set, you can get a Very nice buff. that adds. Immune to fire, gas and the elements, a boost of protection, and a big boost of strength. in terms of HP , melee damage and stamina  

One thing that would justify such a late change to the TEK Suit is to make it function like all other Armor types combined with the same characteristics of Ghillie, Desert, Hazard, Fur together in one set.

If im going to go through the trouble to unlock all the engrams and deal with a much higher cost in crafting/maintaining a high quality set, I would like it to be the only armor I will ever need to use.

@Cedric @Dollie

19 hours ago, Udam said:

i think sense they nerf the armor i think they should buff it in one way or another

ether

• Extra Armor: instead of the 175 armor it could have ether 250 or even 300. due to the cost it should be the best Armor in the game! and of you get a Acendnet set it could give you 1000 each!
  • More durable: just make it last longer
  • all armor buff: If you wear a full set, you can get a Very nice buff. that adds. Immune to fire, gas and the elements, a boost of protection, and a big boost of strength. in terms of HP , melee damage and stamina  

Agree

On 3/29/2020 at 11:52 PM, whoareyou said:

The tek suit repair costs was a long over due fix. They didn't break tek suits, they fixed them.

If you want to run around in a fancy end game tek suit, get good at farming boi. Or just don't get hit by the wildlife.

IT TAKES MULTIPLE SLOTCAPS OF METAL AND POLY TO REPAIR A CAPPED TEK SUIT NOW !

It's not a nerf, crafted TEK suits have been effectively removed from the game. Repair costs are so artificially high now that no one other dupers can afford to use tek suits now. TEK suits are strong, but not strong enough to be worth the outrageous repair costs. Not only that with max dura being capped at 1500 flak is now stronger than TEK suits at tanking hits. 

It used to be that TEK suits were only good for base maintenance and showing off. One good thing about EXTINCTION was that it made TEK suits an actual wortwhile endgame armor set. But now the game has devolved, we are back to days of everyone running around in flak, and TEK armor only being good for roleplaying inside the base.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, whoareyou said:

The tek suit repair costs was a long over due fix. They didn't break tek suits, they fixed them.

If you want to run around in a fancy end game tek suit, get good at farming boi. Or just don't get hit by the wildlife.

I'm not quite sure you understand the repair costs. If you DO know what official ascendant tek suits cost to repair then you are just trolling.

Archived