Paid Premium Membership

KIDD0

Suggestion

Paid Premium Membership

Hello everyone! KIDDO from the Maple Beavers tribe.

I love Ark a whole ton, so much I spend any waking moment I'm not busy playing it, and you know what i'd love to see? A Premium Members paid membership. Not only will it help support Wild Card and all of their employees, but it can give some added bonus to the game for those who spend countless hours and who dedicate themselves to the game for both pleasure and competition.  Keep in mind, I am speaking from a stand point of someone who is always on Official PvE servers, so of course, PvP and Unofficial servers would be a different case to the ideas I had in mind, or maybe not!

Ideas for a Monthly or Year Premium: ( PvP Not in mind )

• 100.00$ USD Yearly or 10.00$ USD Monthly
    • 30 Day Despawn for all Structures ( Tek tier remains the same )
    • Dedicated storage in "Obelisk" to upload and keep items / dinos / ect for an unlimited amount of time.
    • Monthly or Seasonal Skins that are permanent to each account
    • An Ark Symbol in game chat to show who is Premium
    • Priority Ticket Help
    • No Transfer Timers / Shorter Transfer Timer

There are many paid memberships in my life time where I have simply signed up for a few things such as supporting the company and product I love, and being able to get exclusive to Premium items or skin. Something as a collector, I indulge in! 

7 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Oh, I read it the most, your insult aside.  I just disagree with the idea.  I know that isn't necessarily what you came here for, to see people disagree with you, but it's how I feel.

This game in 2020 damn near stands alone with no payment other than the purchase of the game and paid DLCs.  If you disregard all my points, that's ok, but I for one am happy with the way WildCard provides content in this way.

But I hope you realize that everything (I mean everything) you want, all of the added bonus, you can get from renting or running your own unofficial cluster aside from paying WildCard more money.  That was another reason I didn't go into because of it being late.

Oh, I apologize. I didn't mean any part to be an insult. It just seemed as though what you write didn't have any rebuttal to the actual ideal put forward. I said I agreed with the Hexigon thing. I'd be pretty shook if they made that a micro transnational thing.

As for the ability to have my own server, I don't enjoy the idea of running my own because it takes the fun out for me of enjoying the community as it's naturally intended, or seems to be. If I wanted to spend extra money on being able to have all those customization, I'd rank my bank going directly to the company WildCard. :)

Get your downvotes ready!

So, P2G (pay-to-grief) basically, because all the griefer kids on PvE would be paid-tier.  As an added bonus, you would then feel more entitled to your right to grief, because you pay for membership, so that would be really good for the health of the game.  Plus, you could then talk down to others that didn't pay the membership cost, as if your experience is more important and what they want doesn't matter.

P2W in PvP (if the "... or maybe not" reasons make it in,) because you could be unraidable (keeping all BPs and dinos safe in Oby storage) and transfer more efficiently than non-paying people.

Sarcasm aside, I personally don't like the idea.  I'll tell you why, aside from the above reasons.

Reason 1:  The biggest reason is that once a game introduces pay systems like this, it is a matter of time before it starts affecting the design of the game.

EXPLANATION:  The current game is (ostensibly) designed around the experience that the xpacs provide, because they are what you buy.  They want to design it so you feel you are getting your money's worth, and will want to keep coming back.  If they turned the Hexagon shop into a microtransaction shop (it would be all-too-easy for them to convert it to RMT through Hexagon packs or straight cash purchases), it then becomes about designing the game around that.  Limiting resource gathering and spawning, prioritizing the shop, or increasing material costs.  Or all of them, or just one, but either way ARK changes for the not-better.  It's already tee'd up with the stupid Hexagon shop.  It works in its current form to reward immersion and involvement in Genesis, but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about it, and I damn sure hope I'm wrong.

Reason 2:  People already feel that they deserve a personally amazing experience after a 30 dollar xpac purchase.  Indignation on the forums is always highest at the launch of new content, but if you add a membership tier-system, they might as well close the bug reports and support forums...  And really all of the forums to use survivetheark.com as a news hub, because it would be wall-to-wall with even worse levels of personally injurious bug reports.  This reason is thin, I'll grant that, but its something to think about.  The game is buggy.  ARK is a sprawling mountain range of code, and part of me thinks the experience will only get so good, which is sorta the reason they haven't done anything like this yet.

There are more reasons I feel it's bad, but I'll just stop here.  I'm tired, and have work in the morning!

11 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Get your downvotes ready!

So, P2G (pay-to-grief) basically, because all the griefer kids on PvE would be paid-tier.  As an added bonus, you would then feel more entitled to your right to grief, because you pay for membership, so that would be really good for the health of the game.  Plus, you could then talk down to others that didn't pay the membership cost, as if your experience is more important and what they want doesn't matter.

P2W in PvP (if the "... or maybe not" reasons make it in,) because you could be unraidable (keeping all BPs and dinos safe in Oby storage) and transfer more efficiently than non-paying people.

Sarcasm aside, I personally don't like the idea.  I'll tell you why, aside from the above reasons.

Reason 1:  The biggest reason is that once a game introduces pay systems like this, it is a matter of time before it starts affecting the design of the game.

EXPLANATION:  The current game is (ostensibly) designed around the experience that the xpacs provide, because they are what you buy.  They want to design it so you feel you are getting your money's worth, and will want to keep coming back.  If they turned the Hexagon shop into a microtransaction shop (it would be all-too-easy for them to convert it to RMT through Hexagon packs or straight cash purchases), it then becomes about designing the game around that.  Limiting resource gathering and spawning, prioritizing the shop, or increasing material costs.  Or all of them, or just one, but either way ARK changes for the not-better.  It's already tee'd up with the stupid Hexagon shop.  It works in its current form to reward immersion and involvement in Genesis, but I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about it, and I damn sure hope I'm wrong.

Reason 2:  People already feel that they deserve a personally amazing experience after a 30 dollar xpac purchase.  Indignation on the forums is always highest at the launch of new content, but if you add a membership tier-system, they might as well close the bug reports and support forums...  And really all of the forums to use survivetheark.com as a news hub, because it would be wall-to-wall with even worse levels of personally injurious bug reports.  This reason is thin, I'll grant that, but its something to think about.  The game is buggy.  ARK is a sprawling mountain range of code, and part of me thinks the experience will only get so good, which is sorta the reason they haven't done anything like this yet.

There are more reasons I feel it's bad, but I'll just stop here.  I'm tired, and have work in the morning!

The above idea is small, ideal, and wouldn't effect much other then helping those who wish to support the company and have some added bonus. Unfortunately your points presented have nothing to do with the initial ideas I wrote. Although I do agree with them. Based on your response I don't think you really read the most :)

2 hours ago, KIDD0 said:

Oh, I apologize. I didn't mean any part to be an insult. It just seemed as though what you write didn't have any rebuttal to the actual ideal put forward. I said I agreed with the Hexigon thing. I'd be pretty shook if they made that a micro transnational thing.

As for the ability to have my own server, I don't enjoy the idea of running my own because it takes the fun out for me of enjoying the community as it's naturally intended, or seems to be. If I wanted to spend extra money on being able to have all those customization, I'd rank my bank going directly to the company WildCard. :)

My experience from playing on Official for approximately 8000 hours is basically a cautionary tale. 

I have my time split approximately 90/10 between PvE/PvP, and I can tell you:  The "community" that naturally exists on Official is mostly people griefing, ignoring, hoarding/selling, lagging, kiting, reporting, lambasting, griefing more, stealing, and chastising, with a smattering of waking up to a respawn screen because some asstard found the one tiny hole in your base and dragged you to your drowned death.  Then the server "community" tells you it is your fault and tells you to build a better base.  It sucks that it is their instinct to say it is your fault, but it is the correct thing for them to say.

When I wasn't wasting my time on PvP, I found in my over 7000 hours on Official PvE (this is not a flex, this is to show that I played the goddamn game, I didn't stuff troughs and sit in my base) breeding/raising Gigas, killing Alpha bosses with my own dino lines, and exploring maps/caves with friends or solo that on any of the 7 servers I played on, there were people who actively sought to subvert and snuff out any community. 

I recall some did it for the sake of rivalry:  An old beef, old tribes that refused to leave, so the server suffered with kiting and collateral damage, DDOS'ing to be spiteful, invading bossfights, more kiting, resource-foundationing, and on and on.  No amount of reporting helped ever.

Some did it for the sake of profit:  If they kept everyone fighting and pissed off, they wouldn't notice when events started and they uncryo'ed 350 dinos to tamecap the server so they could control tames and then they could tame, clone, and sell back to the server freely.  Fun times.

But most did it for the sake of chaos:  Just being an asshole for the sake of assholes everywhere.  Multiple storage tribes on non-canon maps with lower server-tamecaps so they could laugh, kiting and running, or kiting and openly bragging in Global before being reported by 5 people and then continuing to be seen every single day on server for the next 2 months meaning:  no result to reporting.  PvE-raiding during ORP countdown window, tribal alliance war mechanism used to raid people, and on and on.

It might be best to get as far away from the "community" of Official PvE as possible, because most of what it is is a dookie-festival of nonsense.  Every server had multiples of these instances, sometimes it was an individual and sometimes it was a whole tribe.  I latched on to one part of your response, I know...  But Official's lack of policing on PvE makes it tough to find actual friends and community.  It isn't non-existent, but overall it supports deviant behavior.

42 minutes ago, SheepDog553 said:

Love this!!  Would definitely support ARK to get a longer decay timer!!  Definitely would be best for a PVE environment.  ?

Agreed. It would be nice for PvE to have some bonus perks like the sort. Although the presented ideas wouldn't give anyone an advantage other then their stuff not blowing up simply because of not being able to log in heh heh.

19 hours ago, KIDD0 said:

The above idea is small, ideal, and wouldn't effect much other then helping those who wish to support the company and have some added bonus. Unfortunately your points presented have nothing to do with the initial ideas I wrote. Although I do agree with them. Based on your response I don't think you really read the most :)

Oh, I read it the most, your insult aside.  I just disagree with the idea.  I know that isn't necessarily what you came here for, to see people disagree with you, but it's how I feel.

This game in 2020 damn near stands alone with no payment other than the purchase of the game and paid DLCs.  If you disregard all my points, that's ok, but I for one am happy with the way WildCard provides content in this way.

But I hope you realize that everything (I mean everything) you want, all of the added bonus, you can get from renting or running your own unofficial cluster aside from paying WildCard more money.  That was another reason I didn't go into because of it being late.

Archived