Need to know it NOW - How to ascend another player

TorakWolf

Need to know it NOW - How to ascend another player

So, how am I supposed to ascend another player? If only the personal command works, is there a way to force someone to execute a command? Like, giving admin rights ONLY for this action, done by the admin.

I've tried: MaxAscend, DefeatBoss, DefeatAllBosses

Anything that requires a playerid to ascend simply seems to not work. Are they broken or am I doing something wrong? Other commands that user playerids work such as TeleportToPlayer, so I'm sure I'm getting them right.

Has the target player uploaded and downloaded their character?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

says...

MaxAscend

Description: Unlock Alpha Overseer and Alpha Rockwell ascensions for the player matching the given ID. While the player will unlock the levels and the tekgrams associated with the ascensions, his implant won't change until his character is uploaded then downloaded back and/or the current server save is wiped.
Compatible with gaming consoles: Unknown

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

Has the target player uploaded and downloaded their character?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

says...

MaxAscend

Description: Unlock Alpha Overseer and Alpha Rockwell ascensions for the player matching the given ID. While the player will unlock the levels and the tekgrams associated with the ascensions, his implant won't change until his character is uploaded then downloaded back and/or the current server save is wiped.
Compatible with gaming consoles: Unknown

Multiple times. Also, no tekgram was unlocked. I'm willing to know if you guys REALLY managed to do it with success, because neither I could in singleplayer nor could the ADM of the server I play on multiplayer.

I had a friend on singleplayer (non-dedicated host) to test, tried it with both ID 0 (I, the host) and his playerid (which worked for teleportation, for example). The ADM of the server tried those commands on me as well.

9 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Are you using the admin manager to get the player's ID?
I assume you're not using their steam ID.

Of course I am, but yeah, I tried the steamid, just to be sure. Gonna ask again: Have you tried it? It's kinda annoying being showered with questions just to finally come to the conclusion that it is broken.

2 hours ago, TorakWolf said:

Of course I am, but yeah, I tried the steamid, just to be sure. Gonna ask again: Have you tried it? It's kinda annoying being showered with questions just to finally come to the conclusion that it is broken.

Remotely diagnosing other people's problems is difficult...  Impossible in fact without asking questions and ruling out possible causes of error.

image.thumb.png.1aa4210b99b1668df1909ff8e1399c25.png

12 hours ago, Larkfields said:

Remotely diagnosing other people's problems is difficult...  Impossible in fact without asking questions and ruling out possible causes of error.

image.thumb.png.1aa4210b99b1668df1909ff8e1399c25.png

So it works for you, all of them? Still the syntax here is correct (at least according to admin command databases such as the wiki and other sites), may I ask for the command exactly as you use it?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I came across this on my server last night. I am trying to bump the gamma rockwell ascension to alpha as we have done all 3 fights but the implant will not change. I've used both the adminmanager and the rcon - I've tried it with the users ingame name, the Implant number, the steamid32 and 64. (and before you ask, yes we killed ourselves and we uploaded and downloaded ourselves after every following test) (Yes i am admin of the server and i was in enablecheats mode)

I've tried using the commands as follows
Admincheat DefeatBoss <all of the playerids i can find> "Rockwell" 2
Admincheat DefeatBoss <ditto> Rockwell 2
(also without spaces)
and i tried with a different boss and that did no work either.

i've also tried going to beta as well but that did not work either. i've also tried without spaces i tried using the rcon admin command and the adminmanager. All of the different ways. 

I really believe this code is not working, and could someone please look into it thank you ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Archived