Random Lags/Rubber on Self Hosted Genesis Server

1Icarus2

Random Lags/Rubber on Self Hosted Genesis Server

Hey everyone,

So I've hosted quite a few maps of ARK in my life, but I've never had any Lag/Rubbernecking issue with my server until the latest patch of Genesis. At times, everyone on the server would complain that the server is rubbernecking them back a few feet. This becomes quite unplayable during most of this time. 

I have a 24GB RAM Server with a SSD. This is hosted at a DataCenter, so the internet/performance is definitely not the issue. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what did you do to enhance the performance of your server?

We're only about 10 people on my server. Most of the time only 4 is online simultaneously.  So there is no reason for it to lag at all! 

The auto-save feature is set to 15 minutes, but no, this is not the cause of the issue - we've checked. 

It's a physical server, not a VM or Shared Host. 

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I do have IIS and a Mail Server set up on this machine as well, but looking at the Task Manager when these spikes occur, the CPU and RAM is all normal. So there isn't anything abnormal behaving during the spikes. 

Other causes of lag spikes that I've observed are...

1. Plyers with large bases or lots of dinos logging into the server.  The server has to send lots of data to the player when they login.
2. Players going into a boss fight.  A different region of the map is loaded up, so the server briefly has more work to do than "usual".
3. Players flying into a different region of the map with a large base or a large gathering of tames.  Again, lots of data is sent from server to host.
4. Other programs or services on the server might momentarily hog the CPU or network, causing a brief lag spike for Ark.

7 hours ago, 1Icarus2 said:

So we figured it out. It's the Magmasaurs.

My server is a x10. So one of my friends said that as soon as they harvest something using the Magmasaur, that's when the server lags. 

I thought ARK fixed this harvesting issue with using the Bronto long time ago! 

Are you thinking of this...
UseOptimizedHarvestingHealth=true

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

Archived