Suggestion for killing a high level Alpha Tuso?

Txester

Suggestion for killing a high level Alpha Tuso?

I am trying to get an Alpha Tuso eye but on the server I have only found 2 Aplhas Tusos, one is Level 72, the other is Level 100. I have killed lower level Alpha Tusos on other servers but these two are something else. My water dino pen currently contains a two Basilos, Level 90 and Level 107, a Level 162 Mosa and a Level 156 Megalodon. So far I have tried to kill the level 72 Tuso with both Basilos, but every time I peel off to the surface to force feed them back to full health, the Tuso seems to have healed up.

Any suggestions as to how to kill these?
So far, I have circled the Island 4 or 5 times looking for a high level Basilo but all I find is low levels. I also tried harpooning the Tuso from a safe depth but some quick maths tells me this is going to cost a tonne of resources and time, and also worried that it will heal quicker than I can damage it.

Basilo

killed a 145 alpha tuso the other day with a basilo 35k health and about 250% damage. Didn’t need to heal it either. Took a while but my damage was low but had enough hp to grind it out. 

Keep looking for basilos. A breed one would be better but mine was just a tamed one so just look for a nice high level one, 130+ should do the trick. 

I always use an imprinted basilo with a decent saddle which makes it kind of easy, can usually kill them without having to go and heal up

If you have Genesis it's worth jumping over there and taming a few high level x basilos and bringing them back to breed, it's a smallish area to search and they're everywhere so it's just a case of swimming around killing the low levels off until a high level spawns

Archived