Solution for PVP

Sajuucore

Suggestion

Solution for PVP

How about making for those new players their buildings invulnerable 5-15 minutes after logging off, and this would also apply to tribes that have no members online. I believe that one of the biggest issues with player grieffing is battlemetrics and the ability to chase player's down  when they're sleeping. Battlemetrics is what made me have to give this game a thumbs down when i pissed off an alpha tribe & they followed me to every server i went to & just wiped me over & over, always when i was in the middle of my ususal (log-off time). If you can't keep my playtime private, (which it should be), then at least make it so I can sleep or work or do other things than ark. So I can enjoy it more and treat it less like work. 

In order to balance this new influx of invulnerable buildings, say (to players), lets also reduce the time buildings stand on a map without having the player or a player from the tribe be online. Say a reduction to 1/2 or less. This way it encourages people to play more often, allows a save feature, and makes general combat more interesting than waking up to a destroyed base. 

Will this affect pvp, you bet for the good reasons that players will now be able to patrol more bases of opportunity. They will also enjoy the encounter of having an enemy tribe player that is online to combat against. 

7 replies to this server topic

9 hours ago, Myrm said:

I don't see the point of the 5-15 minute invulnerability for new players after they have logged off. All a "griefer" would have to do is wait 15 minutes then he/she can attack as they desire.  I can't imagine that "griefers" only attack a base if the owner has been logged of for less than 15 minutes. 

The buildings become invulerable so after the 15 minutes, to prevent someone from griefing after they log. Also the 15 minute time period is to prevent people from saving their base by just loging in the case of a raid.

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

There are already ORP (offline raid protection) official servers.

Where? If you mean turrets and the amount of bullets metal and whatnot to get to the point of having such things... is part of the problem for new players to ark. It's almost an impossibility to achieve any stable & safe base, that can repel even a single well setup player.

2 hours ago, Sajuucore said:

The buildings become invulerable so after the 15 minutes, to prevent someone from griefing after they log. Also the 15 minute time period is to prevent people from saving their base by just loging in the case of a raid.

Ah, I see what you are saying.  You are saying that the buildings should be vulnerable for the first 5-15 mins after the player logs off to, I assume, prevent combat-logging. Then after that they become invulnerable.  My apologies, I had read your OP incorrectly. 

3 hours ago, Sajuucore said:

Where? If you mean turrets and the amount of bullets metal and whatnot to get to the point of having such things... is part of the problem for new players to ark. It's almost an impossibility to achieve any stable & safe base, that can repel even a single well setup player.

ORP is a type of pvp server that ark already has about 15-30 min (not sure don’t play on them) after the tribe has logged off structures and tames become invulnerable and turrets shutdown so they can’t be soaked offline. Can’t place c4 on anything either till they log back in 

Offline Raid Protection (ORP) is everything i wanted to have...except ark has some way of messing everything up for the new players so badly, this might be the last straw for me. ORP had all the thrills of pvp action i was looking for, and there were many bases like pve maps, although not over-run was healthy. Everything seems nice and wonderful in game-play, I can log back on to my base, what a wonder, and even better experience & enjoy some pvp? This seems like a miracle that the developers made something right, and started fixing their core game problems. Now the issue...Why vaults are useless, and anything else in your base is going to be flying in the air everywhere, is because there's no locking them. Enemies can waltz right up & throw everything from your vault into the air. This makes vaults and holding inventory useless...having 51 walls between the vault & the outside is ridiculous. I understand there were some griefers, but the solution is more hell for everyone else, I might have to put down ark forever. Having a single C4 blow down my wall & everything fly out of my safe before i can even get back, because the guy has some managarmar's & can soak up some turrets & blow some light defenses away (15-20 turrets). Before you start shouting things about playtime, viability, and whatnot... Having my base being so easily exposed makes this ORP just as unbearable and dangerous as regular pvp. Any random guy with a few C4 can destroy any well established base walls & just popcorn all the loot. Some guy threw out all my cryo's & just named them all trash garbage crap etc. Apparently this is common ORP server behavior because they assume your base is going to be invulnerable soon & they're going to just throw it out anyways... Mean players are succeeding and having people give this game some low scores because of bad defense mechanics with vaults & locked objects. Alpha tribes and new player bases, sometimes you weigh the exploitation vs the cost, and wonder if we should just let them get away with it. So the rest of us can just enjoy playing the game. PVE don't suggest it, it's a waste of my time, just turn off the grieffers. We got a few kills and got them to retreat & we logged, however... Paper vaults...

Archived