Breeding Problems

TacticalToaster

Breeding Problems

Hey guys I dont usually do forum posts but I cant find the solution to my problem anywhere so I decided to post it here. So Im a new breeder and I've been breeding up a super argy but I cant seem to get past 4 mutations. My base pair pops out lvl 229 babies. I have a bunch of lvl 229 females and one lvl 235 male in a breeding circle. For some reason, I can't get a lvl higher than 235. Ive been trying for a while but I cant seem to get a stat mutation as quick as I did the last 3. If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. Thanks Guys!

1 minute ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

It's just bad luck. Nothing can be done except breeding more and more until a new mutation finally appears (or until you get tired and give up. Whichever happens first).

This.

I did Argy's for a long while. I got mutations in as little as 30 hatches and in as long as 600 hatches. 

Just keep breeding. Another one will hit.

Is it really that bad of luck? I've killed nearly 100 argies and still no mutations except for one that came out with 2 damage mutations and got rid of a stam mutation that I had on the dad. Also another important piece of information is that the babies are coming out at lvls 231 233 and 235. But I've watched videos and it seems like other people have been much luckier than I have. And I also have in the past but thank you for the reassurance that nothing is wrong with the game its just my bad luck.

It really is just down to luck. Also since you are breeding parents with different levels you might have gotten mutations on lower level ones. The level of the baby is actually not all too important (just an easy way to tell) just means some stats are not maxed out, so as long as the stats you care about are maxed and mutated the level can be whatever really.

11 minutes ago, TacticalToaster said:

But I do have one more question, will there be any adverse effects from using the argie with 2 dam mutations and 1 weight mutation without the stam one showing? It has 4 total mutations.

You mean the actual Stamina stat is lower than what it should be mutated?
If you use that Argie to breed the resulting baby will get a non-mutated Stam stat but the mutation count will be inherited, since mutations are capped at 20/20 it turns into a wasted mutation.

1 hour ago, TacticalToaster said:

But I do have one more question, will there be any adverse effects from using the argie with 2 dam mutations and 1 weight mutation without the stam one showing? It has 4 total mutations.

A mutation is an event that may improve a stat on the baby. You don't have 'dam mutations' or 'weight mutations', the mutation was an event that caused the damage or weight to increase. You can breed your improved stats together into one creature. There's no adverse affect from mutations occurring. 

11 hours ago, whoareyou said:

A mutation is an event that may improve a stat on the baby. You don't have 'dam mutations' or 'weight mutations', the mutation was an event that caused the damage or weight to increase. You can breed your improved stats together into one creature. There's no adverse affect from mutations occurring. 

Yes you do have damage and weight mutations. Same as any other stat mutations. Mutation goes to one stat(or up to three stats or all in same stat if you are extremely lucky. Mutation happens and goes into weight its a weight mutation. Speed and oxy mutations you can put into adverse effects. Wasted points and mutation counter.

7 hours ago, Luewen said:

Yes you do have damage and weight mutations. Same as any other stat mutations. Mutation goes to one stat(or up to three stats or all in same stat if you are extremely lucky. Mutation happens and goes into weight its a weight mutation. Speed and oxy mutations you can put into adverse effects. Wasted points and mutation counter.

A mutation is a % chance event that occurs during breeding. This event will increase a random stat by 2 points and change a colour region. Dinos have stats and mutation counters, they don't have any attribute for damage mutations or weight mutations etc . . . there is no way to know which stat was changed by a mutation without inspecting the parents stats to see what has changed. 

I can tell you know what you're talking about but IMHO calling them weight and damage mutations is misleading and confusing for people who are learning the ropes. 

Even if you have 2 argents level 225,  if their stats aren’t matching,  babies could come out lvl 210...230...224.... it’s the sum total of points in each stat plus 1.   So if the stats match exactly,  you will get the same level baring any mutations.

if you breed 2 animals both with the same 1 mut on hp,  the baby will now have a count of 2 but the hp will be the same as the parents which only have a count of 1 each,  we call this kind of baby a rider or trash.   If u want to mutate further,  u want to avoid having mutations on both parents,  stick to females no mutations, males with the mutations.  If u pop a new mut on a female,  try to move it to a male,  though sometimes u end up with 5 females cus a male won’t pop so u keep raising females hoping for better odds and then u get a male with a new mutation... hurray... it’s random,  u never know how the journey will work out.

i use about 35-40 females when working with counters under 20.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:49 PM, TacticalToaster said:

Breeding Problems

Hey guys I dont usually do forum posts but I cant find the solution to my problem anywhere so I decided to post it here. So Im a new breeder and I've been breeding up a super argy but I cant seem to get past 4 mutations. My base pair pops out lvl 229 babies. I have a bunch of lvl 229 females and one lvl 235 male in a breeding circle. For some reason, I can't get a lvl higher than 235. Ive been trying for a while but I cant seem to get a stat mutation as quick as I did the last 3. If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. Thanks Guys!

Im just about to do something along the same path here.....gonna be my first attempt at any sort of breeding, got a lvl 100 female argy and am lvling up a male now.....can I ask for any advice you got and can you explain what a mutation is?
Iv got the ultimate basics down....build up north, get AC, snag a male and female roo, ect ect. but beyond that, Im going in blind. o.o

4 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Im just about to do something along the same path here.....gonna be my first attempt at any sort of breeding, got a lvl 100 female and am lvling up a male now.....can I ask for any advice you got and can you explain what a mutation is?
Iv got the ultimate basics down....build up north, get AC, snag a male and female roo, ect ect. but beyond that, Im going in blind. o.o

First advice, leveled up stats don't matter at all. When breeding the baby gets the stats the parents had the moment they are tamed, so taming a high level and not giving any levels will show the most accurate stats you can get when breeding.

Bred stats are a mix of the parents so breeding until you get a male and a female with all the best stats of the parents is advised.

A mutation is a random occurrence during breeding where the baby gets bonus points to one or multiple stats. Mutated stats get passed down when breeding. Mutations are really random, can happen during the first breed or can take hundreds of breeding attempts.

9 minutes ago, gojinki said:

First advice, leveled up stats don't matter at all. When breeding the baby gets the stats the parents had the moment they are tamed, so taming a high level and not giving any levels will show the most accurate stats you can get when breeding.

Bred stats are a mix of the parents so breeding until you get a male and a female with all the best stats of the parents is advised.

A mutation is a random occurrence during breeding where the baby gets bonus points to one or multiple stats. Mutated stats get passed down when breeding. Mutations are really random, can happen during the first breed or can take hundreds of breeding attempts.

Oh wow, that stinks! Here I was working on melee damage on the first argy, and then working on health with the other in hopes of getting a baby with both those stats combined. x.x At least I have a couple high lvls I found {working on non adjusted single player settings, those high lvl argy's are actually just a lvl 36 and 38 :P }
Well, that makes a huge adjustment to my plans. I may have just turned my breeding operation into an egg farm, but since I got a better picture of which direction I need to go, any way to help find a decent set of parents? Can I use a magnifying glass or something to figure out the stats of something before tameing/what is considered "good" for a lvl 35 bird?

5 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Oh wow, that stinks! Here I was working on melee damage on the first argy, and then working on health with the other in hopes of getting a baby with both those stats combined. x.x At least I have a couple high lvls I found {working on non adjusted single player settings, those high lvl argy's are actually just a lvl 36 and 38 :P }
Well, that makes a huge adjustment to my plans. I may have just turned my breeding operation into an egg farm, but since I got a better picture of which direction I need to go, any way to help find a decent set of parents? Can I use a magnifying glass or something to figure out the stats of something before tameing/what is considered "good" for a lvl 35 bird?

The common practice for setting up for breeding is taming a bunch of high levels, max level on official is 150 so taming stuff around level 130-150.
To check if something is good before taming you need to knock it out to see the stats (on Genesis you can use HLNA), you can then use the dododex stat calculator to see if the stats are good.
You'll probably end up with the good stats spread out in which case you would breed them all together until you get a male and a female with all the best stats to use as your breeding pair.

6 minutes ago, gojinki said:

The common practice for setting up for breeding is taming a bunch of high levels, max level on official is 150 so taming stuff around level 130-150.
To check if something is good before taming you need to knock it out to see the stats (on Genesis you can use HLNA), you can then use the dododex stat calculator to see if the stats are good.
You'll probably end up with the good stats spread out in which case you would breed them all together until you get a male and a female with all the best stats to use as your breeding pair.

Good idea, wonder if an xbox can handle 60 birds in one house. XD
And I sorta tried to play online, lets just say people can be obnoxious and newbs like me have no hope of getting anywhere. So much greifing, before I even hit lvl 10 that I decided this would be much better offline. Once offline however, this game is quite fun and interesting!
May try anouther run through once Im done with this one with things tweeked and adjusted for higher lvl dino's

5 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Good idea, wonder if an xbox can handle 60 birds in one house. XD
And I sorta tried to play online, lets just say people can be obnoxious and newbs like me have no hope of getting anywhere. So much greifing, before I even hit lvl 10 that I decided this would be much better offline. Once offline however, this game is quite fun and interesting!
May try anouther run through once Im done with this one with things tweeked and adjusted for higher lvl dino's

Mentioned official as reference and default singleplayer settings should(?) be the same as official servers.

I had a similar experience when starting out, in the end I enjoyed the customization available for singleplayer and unofficial servers and had so much more fun I never tried official again.

4 minutes ago, gojinki said:

Mentioned official as reference and default singleplayer settings should(?) be the same as official servers.

I had a similar experience when starting out, in the end I enjoyed the customization available for singleplayer and unofficial servers and had so much more fun I never tried official again.

I unno, highest lvl dino I ever found was a lvl 38 dunk.....damn lvl 4 squiddy nuked him and my shark army >.<
But yeah, never found anything above lvl 40 and the only thing Iv seen above that, is my own tames. However supposedly adjusting the dino difficulty enables much higher lvl spawns to appear. Haven't touched it on this run through. But that's ok, Im enjoying it anyways. :)
Still get a giggle however, my mom started getting into this thing before any of us and she screwed up and started on a PvP official server. XD {she is 60} Talk about greiveing at its finest, took me forever to get her out of there and into a PvE, but even still, people are straight up pains. >.>

Well hey, thanks for the advice and heads up, would have been super bummed when I bred the two and my stats would have looked like a pile of trash.....I might still breed them, but won't be just for the stats now. :)

18 hours ago, whoareyou said:

A mutation is a % chance event that occurs during breeding. This event will increase a random stat by 2 points and change a colour region. Dinos have stats and mutation counters, they don't have any attribute for damage mutations or weight mutations etc . . . there is no way to know which stat was changed by a mutation without inspecting the parents stats to see what has changed. 

I can tell you know what you're talking about but IMHO calling them weight and damage mutations is misleading and confusing for people who are learning the ropes. 

It is true that its change based and that it can occur on any stat. But once the stat(s) are chosen, they technically become weight,damage,stamina mutations. So its common to call them as that. 

Example:   Basically each animal as a level 1 has base #s in each stat.  Let’s just say hp with zero points is worth 1200hp for generic Dino.  As a point is given by the system in generating the animal,  it’s hp goes up 200 for every point it gets in that stat before tame.   So if it has hp of 5200,  that means it has 20 points in hp.

now when it mutates that stat,  it becomes 5600hp.   The mutation that occurred leaves a number behind in the ancestry page on the animals inventory.  That is like a turnstile at an amusement park,  it counts that a mutation went through,  it doesn’t record where it went and it doesn’t care.  

Now the animal has 22 points base just like as if you tamed one that came out with 5600,  only difference is that counter has a record of a mutation and the fresh tame has no count.   And once a counter records the number it doesn’t let go,  u breed it with a partner with only 5000 hp and baby gets 5000 hp,  so it got the 19points in hp and the counter of 1/20 from the mutation that it didn’t get,  it just gets the counter no matter what,  the stat you gotta get lucky to pass along.

• 4 weeks later...

Breeding Problems 2.0

Hello again fellas!

I know I made a post about this where people were very helpful so I thank you for that but I ask you for assistance again. I have a set up with 1 mut male and ab 10 mut females and all have the same states except for the mutated stats on the male (Obviously). As of right now, the male is lvl 249 and all the females are 229. When I hatch the eggs I get a whole bunch of random anywhere between 229 and 249 like 231, 233, 235, 237, 239, 241, 243, 245, and 249. In a video I only saw babies that had either the level and muts of the father, the level of a new mutated child, or the completely base level of the mother. No middle levels. It would make sense to me that the babies would be diff levels as they wouldn't inherit all of the fathers or the mothers stats and a small amount of divation but not as much as in my experience. If someone might know the reason why and could explain that would be wonderful. The video Im talking about is this.

I know its long but if you skip to about 45:45 you can see what I am talking about. Also if you are new to breeding this video is very helpful but I would also suggest watching other videos that give different strategies.

Thanks Again!

54 minutes ago, TacticalToaster said:

Breeding Problems 2.0

Hello again fellas!

I know I made a post about this where people were very helpful so I thank you for that but I ask you for assistance again. I have a set up with 1 mut male and ab 10 mut females and all have the same states except for the mutated stats on the male (Obviously). As of right now, the male is lvl 249 and all the females are 229. When I hatch the eggs I get a whole bunch of random anywhere between 229 and 249 like 231, 233, 235, 237, 239, 241, 243, 245, and 249. In a video I only saw babies that had either the level and muts of the father, the level of a new mutated child, or the completely base level of the mother. No middle levels. It would make sense to me that the babies would be diff levels as they wouldn't inherit all of the fathers or the mothers stats and a small amount of divation but not as much as in my experience. If someone might know the reason why and could explain that would be wonderful. The video Im talking about is this.

I know its long but if you skip to about 45:45 you can see what I am talking about. Also if you are new to breeding this video is very helpful but I would also suggest watching other videos that give different strategies.

Thanks Again!

Ok I just had a major big brain moment. I found out that the reason why I got a bunch of random levels was because my children have the possibility to not inherit a bunch of different mutated states. If you do the chain method, the babies can only inherit the one stat that is mutated as all other stats are the same and have a 100% chance of staying the same. If you do it the way I did it, you will get all types of levels as it will sometimes only inherit some of the mutated stats. If anyone is having the same problem that I am and needs more explination I am here to help bc I need to get this info out immediately. I am becoming such a big brain. BIG BRAIN TIME! Thanks again everyone!

8 hours ago, TacticalToaster said:

Breeding Problems 2.0

Hello again fellas!

Thanks Again!

There’s 7 different stats.  Let’s assume each stat is unique and the parent have nothing in common.  That means you can calculate the upper limit of possible outcomes by 2^7.  That’s 2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 128 different possible results on stat combinations.  There differing totals will be all over the place with several possibly coming out equal in level but having still no stat in common.  A couple possible out comes will have two different levels and exactly the same stats as far as you can tell aside from torpor.

Archived