Server FPS(Tick Rate)

Xystos

Server FPS(Tick Rate)

So i have been looking at some posts from the past where ppl have successfully improved their server fps with these lines in game.ini

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate=XX

However those posts are old and from 2018 i tried the commands but got no improvement, is there any way of improving the server fps, am i doing something wrong, or did WC lock it to 30 since those posts? any info is appreciated ?

I read somewhere that the setting on official servers is 15.
I can't confirm, but I think the default (if you don't specify a value) is 30.

The tick rate determines (amongst other things) how often wild dinos are updated.  Reducing the value reduces the frequency of updates on the server and therefore reduces the load on the server's CPU. 

You might not notice much change if your server is lightly loaded, but when more people are online (approx. 15 or more on a single map), then reducing the value will reduce the lag for the players.  If you reduce the value too much, then wild dinos might start to noticeably stutter.

The benefits of this setting will vary depending on your server's specs, but it helped mine a lot.

i have a new server with a i7-10710U and 32gb of ram. alongside with a M.2 SSD so specs are okay. I'm just curious to why changing the setting doesn't have any effect on my server server tickrate stays at 30 even though i put in 60. I haven't tried lowering it since im after more frequent updates, but will try this later to see if 30 is a cap implemented by WC(dno why they would do such a silly thing, but who knows) 

Archived