Rex Over 20/20

Ruelitas

Rex Over 20/20

Hi All,

I would like to ask you, is there a way to have my rex with good stats on another rex but have 0/0?

I have been raising it with other rex 0/0 but only the first generation has 0/20, I have been raising my rex 0/20 with a 20/20 rex but I get a 20/20 rex again.

Do I need to raise my rex 0/20 with a wild rex and thus obtain a rex with all 0/0 statistics or is there no way?

thanks for reading and thank you all very much
have a nice day!!

I think what you're after is the alpha male breeding method. This method basically is relies on the fact that it doesn't matter what the mutation count is on your male, as long as you are breeding with plenty of 0/0 females. 

Basically, with this breeding method, you will need a LOT of females with zero mutations. The stats on the females don't matter, all that matters is that they have zero mutations. They can be lvl 5 (in fact some people breed the stats out to get less than lvl 5 and then clone them). An optimal number of 0/0 females is around 300. With 300 will make good, fast progress, but it will require a lot of space and it actually takes a long time to breed that many. tldr; get as many 0/0 females as you can, the more the better. 

Decide on a stat that you want to improve, lets say HP. Find a male with your best HP, he is your alpha breeder. Breed your alpha male with all of the 0/0 females. There is a small chance that you will get a baby with a mutation on the female side that will improve the males stat. If you get a female baby with better HP than your alpha male, raise it and add to the pile of breeding females. If you find a male baby with better HP, then it will become your new alpha breeder. 

After you get a few improvements in HP, you may want to switch to working on melee instead. 

2 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

I think what you're after is the alpha male breeding method.

Basically, with this breeding method, you will need a LOT of females with zero mutations. The stats on the females don't matter, all that matters is that they have zero mutations. They can be lvl 5 (in fact some people breed the stats out to get less than lvl 5 and then clone them). An optimal number of 0/0 females is around 300. With 300 will make good, fast progress, but it will require a lot of space and it actually takes a long time to breed that many. tldr; get as many 0/0 females as you can, the more the better. 

Decide on a stat that you want to improve, lets say HP. Find a male with your best HP, he is your alpha breeder. Breed your alpha male with all of the 0/0 females. There is a small chance that you will get a baby with a mutation on the female side that will improve the males stat. If you get a female baby with better HP than your alpha male, raise it and add to the pile of breeding females. If you find a male baby with better HP, then it will become your new alpha breeder. 

After you get a few improvements in HP, you may want to switch to working on melee instead. 

so with a 0/20 female rex it is not possible to obtain a new mutation?

thanks for answering

4 minutes ago, Ruelitas said:

so with a 0/20 female rex it is not possible to obtain a new mutation?

As long as one of the parents is below the max mutation counts, new mutations can happen on that parent's side. Males are simply used because they can breed with many females at the same time, so it's just more productive to use one male+many females. You can get new mutations with a 20/20 female and 0/0 male just fine, it just would take longer.

It is always possible to obtain a new mutation so long as one parent has less than 20 mutations. If you breed your 0/20 female with a 0/0 male, you may get a mutation. The baby with have 20/0 mutations, though. There is no way to reset the counter to 0/0 because the mutations of the parents are added together. 

Actually there is a way to reset the counter by breeding with negative mutations but that's a whole different story . . .

23 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

As long as one of the parents is below the max mutation counts, new mutations can happen on that parent's side. Males are simply used because they can breed with many females at the same time, so it's just more productive to use one male+many females. You can get new mutations with a 20/20 female and 0/0 male just fine, it just would take longer.

so if a have a 20 rex females 20/20 and 1 male rex  lvl 1 , can get a new mutations in hp md?

Yes

but

do it the other way around. breed your good stats over to a male, then tame/breed/clone females with zero mutations. Mutation breeding is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of time and space. If you want to do it properly, forget about the mutation count and focus on getting the stats over to a male. Then work on getting as many 0/0 females as possible, and breed your good male with those 0/0 females as often as you can. Don't even bother trying to breed mutated females with 0/0 male. 

Archived