Death by Saddle??

longshotblonde

Death by Saddle??

I don’t understand what this bug is, but when I tried to put a saddle on my equus while riding it I immediately died. This is on the new Genesis dlc map. I have not tested this on other maps as I completely lost my inventory and the settings for ark keep resetting and playing ark is a pain now. There was no bag or anything on the ground and it only happened when I was riding the horse and fooling with the saddle. Has this happened to anybody else?? Don’t try it if you have valuables in your inventory. I unfortunately had some good loot but now the best so it wasn’t the end of the world, but I am trying to play the game more carefully. This game truly is a scary one at times. 

I lost 3 dunkles that INSTANTLY died on the deep ocean, while swimming on them. Like in a split second, from max hp to zero, there were no wild dinos nearby. 
First 1 happened during the first week of genesis. The other 2 deaths happened 2 days ago, almost at the same time. 

I didn't lose my inventory or settings tho.  All I can say is that Genesis is by far the most bugged map they have released so far. 

tribemates been using a equus with saddle and hasn't had any issue with it yet, however we did have one oddball instadeath.

Baby magmasaur - its food dropped to where it could eat a ambergris and when it ate it, the thing instantly died. there was no reason for the death as its food was still high (200) and it had all its current health.

15 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

lol daamnn… that's a nasty bug,  haven't ever tried putting a saddle on any dino when riding it, wonder if others do the same.

Hmmm... What other creature can you ride with AND without a saddle? Isn't the Equus/Unicorn the only one? Edit: I just read that the Gasbag is ridable with or without one. Never knew or forgot about this... ? 

Archived