Cheat Fly Results in flying SUPER fast All of a sudden?

Hinder2020

Cheat Fly Results in flying SUPER fast All of a sudden?

I have posted this topic twice in the Steam forums and no one has responded to it.

I remember a time when typing in the fly console command, you would move at a snail's pace and it was agonizing if you fell through the map and caught yourself before dying and had to climb all the way back. I always wished it was slightly faster. And I'm sure others did too...

But now when i use Cheat Fly, I am able to go at a super sonic speed. I can go from one end of the map to the other in a matter of seconds. 

I don't know what setting has done this, even if it is a setting. I thought maybe movement speed was related, but it was not. I then thought that maybe my oxygen. But it was not oxygen either.

Is anyone else finding the fly command going WAY faster than it should?

And, no, I have not used slomo. I haven't changed the game speed. Everything else is moving at normal speed. It is only when I type Cheat Fly that I break the sound barrier.

I have searched this problem and have found no results. Please help? I'm currently running a dedicated server, since Single Player is too buggy.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

It is the same for me. I like the change. 

I don't. I use fly to build structures some times just to see what I can make and to explore my capabilities. Now, I can't because slightly pressing the W button results in smashing into the earth or rocketing into orbit.

It would be better if you could toggle the speed by pressing Shift. No shift = slow fly, Shift = This super sonic fly

Archived