What kind of performance can I expect?

ChrizZcE

I play on a I5-2500k with 8GB of ram and a gtx 970 overclocked with epic settings I get 45 to 60 fps depending on what I am doing. I also play on an unofficial server that is only maybe half full the majority of the time. I think with your specs you should be able to play all epic on 1440 at least and get 60 fps. I have found though that the quality of the server you are playing on seems to matter quite a bit.

Other than tweaking options in game, look at what is taking a bit of juice from the computer that you don't need running. Open up your Programs and Close anything that does not rely on the computer itself, Java, or any kind of hardware, and even some of those can be turned off but I'm not that techy, so I don't even mess with that stuff.

Anything like Search Engines that run constantly for no reason, or just crap that runs just to be running. I usually turn off my background, It should be called the explorer.exe file. keep open the "running programs" thing and switch over to your active running programs and double click Ark, and it will pull it back up... When you are done, go back into your all programs click on "NEW TASK" and type in explorer.exe, and it will bring back up the backgrounds. That usually netted me another 5-10 FPS.

4 minutes ago, ChrizZcE said:

I´m getting anywhere from 45-70fps now with most things on high settings. This worked for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFSwyJ0dic

Ooh with your machine you shouldn't need those they make the game look alot worse than it is. For whatever reason this latest patch has really hit my graphics performance I ended up having to adjust my settings after my server was updated. I had to turn off dynamic tessellation and drop world tile buffers down to high and general and terrrain shadows at high. This got me back up to 40 fps on average.

Archived