Why do we STILL have parking lots?

Duffmek

On 3/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, HiImZech said:

nope. completely don't care. why do I want to have so many people coming over to my base? what do they want to do in my base? my base is not an airport neither is it a community structure. my server has a bunch of those built around places with rich resources they can use the free porter to get there and make it an airport.

they can thank the ark gods I have not set all my plant x to strike nearby players. they can also thank the ark gods I did not set my overladen bee to be on aggressive high range and the rest of my base on neutral. i didn't make my base in the middle of nowhere without a purpose. don't render in my base or suffer. you may think this is a very snobish thing to do but you have to understand how people in pve play pvp with each other.

the game does not need to cater to everyone. the game only needs to be marketed to everyone so they know such a game exist. the game does not need to bend over backwards just because someone can't afford a decent pc to run the game on low. ark has always been a resource intensive game, and it is good that it remains this way. people who often do malicious stuff on pve runs on these specs. I'm not going to name names or countries but you should get the idea.

wc does not have to make anymore adjustments to the cryopods. either you adapt to it or you get insided. this is a survival game. you survive whatever's thrown in your face. or go get your money back from steam.

and fyi 1k computers = run on low.

the recommended spec has been a lie 5 years running.

and you are a PvPer which in a way dosent make a sound in this debate because PvP dinos can and will be killed - the main discussion was around PvE hoarding of dinos and doing bugger all on the server to add anything to it other than trying to make a profit - a full tek base with 100 or so dinos is normal my old base would have been similar but parking lots are a bit of metal / stone majority and thats it - after a number of hours u cant get a refund from steam either people commenting here look like old time players that know what they are on about for and against so keep it civil please

3 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

and you are a PvPer which in a way dosent make a sound in this debate because PvP dinos can and will be killed - the main discussion was around PvE hoarding of dinos and doing bugger all on the server to add anything to it other than trying to make a profit - a full tek base with 100 or so dinos is normal my old base would have been similar but parking lots are a bit of metal / stone majority and thats it - after a number of hours u cant get a refund from steam either people commenting here look like old time players that know what they are on about for and against so keep it civil please

I'm a pvper? you haven't seen the kinds of malicious intentions on pve? are you that new to the game or just ignorant on what can griefers do in pve?

let me enlighten you then

1) pillar spam with multiple account in alliance. very easy to do when you can transfer character out and make another to continue your work

2) bronto blocking. you can't kill them and a few of them can block all exits of your base. but of course they'll be smart enough to avoid making it a ticket-able issue

3) giga raid. air lifting wild gigas are the in thing. you'll never see it coming.

4) titan raid. more like a nuisance but still interesting enough to see. also will never see it coming since titans can clip.

5) teleporter raids. flawless. just warp whatever wild to wherever. cheap.

6) rocketing the wild you're tranq-ing.

7) following you around 24/7. including logging out at your human door. yea go ahead and drown them but they'll be back. and they'll increase in numbers.

8. argies can pick some wild dinos up in pve now. would be a shame to see a bunch of wild pegos randomly in your base

9) weaponised tickets. ever heard of the pillaring person gets reported but the reporter got wiped? its a thing. also don't expect gm to come in any time soon. takes about 2 weeks or so.

10) blocking beaver dams.

11) blocking all underwater caves. the ones with just pearls and oil.

12) last but not least, doing whatever you're doing but the opposite just to create enough attention and hindrance because they don't like you.

call them cowards call them whatever. its not stopping them from being annoying and xenophobic.

the actual most annoying ones are the people who buy this for their 9 year olds resulting in a lot of spam in global chat for "help me"

2 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

I'm a pvper? you haven't seen the kinds of malicious intentions on pve? are you that new to the game or just ignorant on what can griefers do in pve?

let me enlighten you then

1) pillar spam with multiple account in alliance. very easy to do when you can transfer character out and make another to continue your work

2) bronto blocking. you can't kill them and a few of them can block all exits of your base. but of course they'll be smart enough to avoid making it a ticket-able issue

3) giga raid. air lifting wild gigas are the in thing. you'll never see it coming.

4) titan raid. more like a nuisance but still interesting enough to see. also will never see it coming since titans can clip.

5) teleporter raids. flawless. just warp whatever wild to wherever. cheap.

6) rocketing the wild you're tranq-ing.

7) following you around 24/7. including logging out at your human door. yea go ahead and drown them but they'll be back. and they'll increase in numbers.

8. argies can pick some wild dinos up in pve now. would be a shame to see a bunch of wild pegos randomly in your base

9) weaponised tickets. ever heard of the pillaring person gets reported but the reporter got wiped? its a thing. also don't expect gm to come in any time soon. takes about 2 weeks or so.

10) blocking beaver dams.

11) blocking all underwater caves. the ones with just pearls and oil.

12) last but not least, doing whatever you're doing but the opposite just to create enough attention and hindrance because they don't like you.

call them cowards call them whatever. its not stopping them from being annoying and xenophobic.

the actual most annoying ones are the people who buy this for their 9 year olds resulting in a lot of spam in global chat for "help me"

yup seen em all but u was on about turrets firing on people .. kinda made me think pvp  AND i have been afk for a good year now hence why i am still puzzled at so many parking lots  hey ho game hasnt changed too much in some areas it seem :)

10 hours ago, Duffmek said:

yup seen em all but u was on about turrets firing on people .. kinda made me think pvp  AND i have been afk for a good year now hence why i am still puzzled at so many parking lots  hey ho game hasnt changed too much in some areas it seem :)

well plant X firing is also client side. it adds on to the stress their gpu has running the game.

also my base is surrounded by trees and next to water. without my base there their gpu is taking a huge amount of hit already

nope the game doesn't change because people never change. there's always trolls and malicious intends. now I can't vouch for everyone who owns a parking lot but this is one of the reason why I got some dinos in my yard. at the same time I'm a tribe with a bunch of other tribes merged into 1 so they kinda just leave their dinos around each other's base.

just so you are aware there's a fundamental flaw with cryofridges. if they are not rendered in every 7 days the dinos in there die. this has happened to a lot of people who went on vacation for a week and come back to a fridge full of dead dinos while everything else is intact. cyrofridges may not be the solution to long vacations because the server still treats the dino as active/existing therefore ticking their decay timer

Archived