HLNA almost never talks

Elcia

HLNA almost never talks

So basically the only times hlna talks to me are when i die, respawn, use the hexagon shop, teleport, do missions and fix glitches. Apparently she is also supposed to react to the environement (taming dinos, taking damage, entering a base and so on) and say "hello lines" but she never does with me. She also doesn't react to emotes. I tried changing her settings and validating my files but it didn't do anything. I did find all of her voice files in the game folders though but it doesn't seem to be an audio issue anyways considering that I don't get any subtitles or visual changes in theses situations either.

Anyone knows where this could be coming from ?

Yeah, I thought the same until I watched some genesis videos where she was reacting when certains creatures were tamed for example. I didn't watch a lot of them tbh but she also said something about building my first shelter when I crafted a thatch foundation for the first time. And looking at her audio files names, she seems to be supposed to interact a lot more than that, like when you friendly fire , break your weapon,  when a creature aggro on you or when a weather event start etc. Which would make her a lot more lively.

Mine doesn't even speaks to me when my health gets low like she used to do on the other maps. Same for the emotes. I don't have any mods and the issue isn't related to being on dedicated/non-dedicated. Maybe she just doesn't like us lol

mine talks too much sometimes.

I've had her commenting when i spend too much time in a area,  when i've been attacked by something that dropped my health a big hunk, even random lines, like wanting to go on a walkabout, well a 'flyabout' for her.  little oddball comments mostly like the skin did on the other maps with a few variations.  other then that, just the glitches.

Try using the HLNA skin as well,  should make her talk abit more.

Archived