Give Power to the Players!: Voting on weekend perks explained.

ShadowRune2019

Suggestion

Give Power to the Players!: Voting on weekend perks explained.

I would like to bring fourth a suggestion I had about 2 years ago but with a new twist as I see the game has changed since then quite a bit. The developers are very busy individuals. Working together as a team to give us the best game experience we could ask for. Sometimes WildCard does some amazing things that keep players immersed with the game we have grown to love so much. Other times they slip in an accident or something mis-timed, we are all human and mistakes can happen. I would like to help with one of those times where we all can come together and band on a united front to give developers more time to work on this amazing game, less time switching buttons for events, and getting on the path of an automated system that does not need to be maintained.

Without further ado, here is what I think could make the game more immersive, competitive, as well as connecting us all together never before seen in the game.

VOTING FOR YOUR WEEKEND EVENT:
Your Rights: Every person from you, to Bob, Jane, and Survivor will have the opportunity to vote once on every server they play on. If you have a character there, or make one, you will be allowed to vote!  ❤️
Voting will consist of a single boxed screen with just a single mouse click after you log into your server of choice. This will appear before you wake up from your bed or where you logged out last and will only happen one time per week.

The Timing of the vote. Watching WildCard's timeframes, the best I see for this to take place is from Monday 3pm EST (when evo event turns off) until Friday at 2PM EST (Giving the code one hour to count votes and to plugin the desired event before a restart.)

Event of choice will then start at the normal time: Fridays at 3PM EST.

When the event ends, the system will clear votes and activate a new vote so that we all (the next time we log in after that time) can get a new vote for the next weekend.

With all of this in place, will complete the automated process.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What possible choices could we vote for to make our events on the weekends? I scribbled some down with catchy names just as a starting point. Maybe open a discussion on the forums about describing an event that the players want to see added on the ballot.

Love is in the Air
Mate boosted players have double harvesting, and a 25% dmg and speed boost.
Mate boosted players have half consumption on stamina, food, and water.

Blood is Thicker than Water
Personal and Tribe owned dinos recieve 25% dmg and speed boost, even without being ridden.
Dino food consumption halved, trough range doubled.

Builder's Paradise
Harvesting 2x, 25% weight reduction, crafting speed +50%
100% materials given back from personal owned structures demolished. (Tribe owned structures will not have this for protection)

A Survivor's Best Friend
2x taming from the current rate, dinos in the progress of being tamed cannot be damaged by wild dinos.
2x XP for personal/tribe owned dinos and players riding dinos

I'm asking the community, what kind of events would you make? Share with me and lets make this fun. I just put these up as examples.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This will not eliminate events on the fly either! if for some reason the developers want to add more, they totally can. My intention is for them to stop having to flick a switch every weekend and to give us the opportunity to have a choice of what we want vs what we are given. (I mean no offense to WildCard, you are doing great.)

In conclusion. This would help automate the weekends for the developers spend more time on the projects they want to do. This would help players join together and talk about what they want to vote on so that they can plan their weekend accordingly. This would unite those who play during the week and those who can only play on the weekends. This unifies those players who play a few hours a week to those spending over 40 hours a week.  If I'm missing anything as I brainstorm this I will add it into a comment, not an edit, so keep reading below. Thank you for your time and keep on surviving!

~ShadowRune

2 replies to this server topic

I just thought a little deeper into the topic.  Even though it sounds super cool in theory, it would be squashed right away and for a stupid reason, you ready...... politics.

China, a very communist country I believe would ban the game if it allowed voting, a view they don't like at all. (democracy yo)
WildCard, being owned by a parent company from China..... i'm almost sure would say nope. kill the idea.

oh well. i tried. my excitement got the best of me.

Archived