Insect Swarm Spawn Rates

Avri

Insect Swarm Spawn Rates

To the Ark devs: REDUCE THE SPAWN RATES OF INSECT SWARMS ON OFFICIAL PLEASE!!!

First off I'd like to mention, let's be clear here. The Bog is NOT "easy". Does it have constant access to water and most resources? Sure, but anyone that's actually played genesis (I'm lookin' at you devs) knows that the easiest biome by far is the arctic considering you can just buy fur and start living in the snow. Allow me to digress a bit.

Why you DON'T want to live in the bog:

• Insect Swarm spawn rates are too fast. (you kill one swarm, another immediately spawns near you and targets you)
  • Getting started? Say hello to Kapros, Sarcos, Snakes, Insect Swarms, Piranhas, Bloodstalkers
  • Metal is scarce to start out  
  • Swarms will kill your tames if not inside a "box"

Back to the point of this discussion, just about every player and forum I've seen on the community is pleading for insect swarm spawn rates to be reduced. They definitely need a nerf simply because they SHOULD NOT be spawning immediately after you've dealt with one wave. Sometimes I kill 12 waves in a row, other times not so much, but the fact that it even goes that high is ridiculous and makes living in the bog a nuisance. Ontop of this, if you're egg farming and idle in your base doing menial tasks, these guys will go out of their way to go inside your base and attack your tames. They attack plants, and you basically can not have ANY dinos outside your base in the bog.

If any other survivors feel the same way or don't I'd like to know your opinions on whether or not they should do something about the insect swarms. 

(Edit: spelling)

2 hours ago, Avri said:
  • Insect Swarm spawn rates are too fast. (you kill one swarm, another immediately spawns near you and targets you)
  • Getting started? Say hello to Kapros, Sarcos, Snakes, Insect Swarms, Piranhas, Bloodstalkers
  • Metal is scarce to start out  
  • Swarms will kill your tames if not inside a "box"

I agree in the insect spawns, they do happen without rhyme or reason a lot, normally they show up in sets of 4, kill one, and you'll have 3 more groups to kill.  however I've had as many as 13 swarms back to back.

blood stalkers are only in one area on the map it seems, pretty much the large trees between 60-70 to 70-70, stay away from that area and you won't have to deal with them.  find a nice piece of dry land and you won't have to deal with the piranhas either, snakes seem far and few from what i've experienced, mostly on the east side of the bog.   the critters that seem to of spawned alot for me starting out in the bog were Sarco, Karpos, and Bary,  with raptors and the boars north of where i started build.

Metal isn't that bad to find in the bog, if you look, same with crystal,  my bog house is my little metal farm and it works great, I also have a little shack near a tree that has a ton of crystal that spawns on it, you can also find metal and crystal atop some of the large rock pillars in the bog, but you'll need a way to get up, and back down from them.

Funny thing about the swarms and tames, I've only had swarms go for the tames if - im outside near them and have bug repellent on or If im riding the tame,  else the swarms always go for me.   The only time i've had troubles is when not wearing bug repellent and being near a dino im attempting to tame, they seem to target that tame as well, so in those cases  I move away from the creature im taming when i get the targeting message, and wait for the swarm to come to me so i can kill it.

2 hours ago, Avri said:

Back to the point of this discussion

I do agree that the insect swarms spawn way to much, even if you don't count the back to back spawns,  I see more insect swarms then anything else in the bog itself.  They honestly do need a tone down.

Archived