"Imprinted by" changing to "Tamed by"

Kwikwilyaqa

"Imprinted by" changing to "Tamed by"

All my tames are slowly changing the display from "imprinted" to "tamed" after they removed the cryosickness. Should i be worried that this is a deeper problem or is just a display bug? I truly don't like things changing in tames... to many dinos in cryopods lost already (for bugs, bugs and bugs).

The display is changing for uploaded and cryopoded tames, so... something wrong is happening with the metadata of the dinos, and that's never a good thing...

• 1 month later...

A little bit late but our group was just testing this exact issue tonight. We had noticed that we were no longer seeing the Imprinted 'Brofist' symbol on most of our dinos.

Testing with newly adult dinos that had never seen a cryopod showed that we DID get that icon up to the point when it was podded, after that 'Imprinted by' became 'Tamed by' and no brofist.

We tested if the dino was getting the proper imprint buff by having the imprinting character damage a dino, then a different character (no imprint bonus) do the same. Exact same damage result in both cases, telling us that they ARE losing the imprint bonus as soon as they come out of a cryopod

Slightly disturbing info to discover and somewhat annoying to boot. If this is "just the way it is now" I guess it means it doesn't matter who grabs a new hatch dino, noone will have an imprint bonus for long.

Update: some digging showed a possible fix in the setting "DisabeImprintDinoBuff" in GameUserSettings.ini 

Checking the server revealed it was currently set to true, I set it to false and now have the Brofist back.

Damage tests showed a higher damage output for the imprinted character as opposed to another char. 

The info box for the dino still shows 'Tamed by' instead of 'Imprinted by' but the imprint bonus seems to be working again.

If it matters we are on the Genesis map.

Hope this helps others

On 4/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Deceti said:

Update: some digging showed a possible fix in the setting "DisabeImprintDinoBuff" in GameUserSettings.ini 

Checking the server revealed it was currently set to true, I set it to false and now have the Brofist back.

Damage tests showed a higher damage output for the imprinted character as opposed to another char. 

The info box for the dino still shows 'Tamed by' instead of 'Imprinted by' but the imprint bonus seems to be working again.

If it matters we are on the Genesis map.

Hope this helps others

Yeah, it did sounded like a wrong config. I was annoyed mostly because i know that this little metadata changes can have consequences later - not because it have consequences now. The tamed versus imprinted was not my concern. In fact you actually don't need to "imprint" the baby (or have the baby at all) to have the bonus - you can easily manipulate the dino data through commands to make even a tamed dino "imprinted" to you with the full bonus (so the change from "imprinted" to "tamed" is irrelevant bonus wise).

My biggest concern was (still is) why the metadata of the dino is changing when cryopoded or uploaded - that should not happen at all. This change is irrelevant, but what else is happening? Probably i'm always worried about this because i had several corrupted cryopods in the past (dinos that crash your game when you try to release them - only fix is destroying the cryopod with the dino inside...).

Archived