The missions and the sons of bitches stripping corpses

milou

The missions and the sons of bitches stripping corpses

Be careful not to do group missions with strangers fromyour tribe, the game has been so well thought out that when you start the mission, your mounts end up in your inventory, so when you die in the middle of the mission, you are forced to respawn in a bed, which gives all the bastards present time to strip you down and steal your mount and equipment Also, we can't see the beacon on his body. Congratulations again to the whole team who worked on the development of the game.   

5 hours ago, Castlerock said:

U shouldn't add strangers into your tribe in the first place, else u risk them stealing your stuff when u are offline even if they cant steal from u like how u mentioned.

anyone who's in the mission 'start' circle when it gets fired off will be in the mission regardless if they are in your tribe, a alliance member or some random beach bob.

4 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
30 minutes ago, caleb68 said:
anyone who's in the mission 'start' circle when it gets fired off will be in the mission regardless if they are in your tribe, a alliance member or some random beach bob.

I see, didnt know that, op mentioned strangers in your tribe so i was confused

yeah I think they should do like the race missions when they are failed, tp your 'body' ouside of the mission area along with you so you can collect your gear and not lose it to some random that ran in to the mission at last minute.

You shouldn't go to those personal combat missions all geared up anyways, since all you can use are consumables and armor. No weapon, tool, mount or vehicle can be used while the mission is running; Also, the way your mount is stored is kinda buggy ATM and you'll end probably losing it because you can't throw it back in the world (the creature won't spawn). So if you really need your gear to travel to the mission location, put it inside your mount and park it somewhere outside the mission area (dome).

Lastly, make sure you know the mechanics. Anything that is dropped as an item bag or loot bag will be promptly deleted, so if your corpse gets eaten, your stuff will be lost. If you are about to die, cancel the mission IMMEDIATELY, and if you pass out due to torpor, ask your buddies to cancel the mission so you are the last dying on it and the creatures (hopefully) won't eat your body.

As for races, just don't die. It's hard enough considering the stats of the mounts given for the race and how everything will ignore you unless provoked, so anyone picking your stuff has been patiently stalking you for a very, very long time, just for you to commit a mistake they don't even knew you would.

8 hours ago, TorakWolf said:

You shouldn't go to those personal combat missions all geared up anyways, since all you can use are consumables and armor. No weapon, tool, mount or vehicle can be used while the mission is running; Also, the way your mount is stored is kinda buggy ATM and you'll end probably losing it because you can't throw it back in the world (the creature won't spawn). So if you really need your gear to travel to the mission location, put it inside your mount and park it somewhere outside the mission area (dome).

Lastly, make sure you know the mechanics. Anything that is dropped as an item bag or loot bag will be promptly deleted, so if your corpse gets eaten, your stuff will be lost. If you are about to die, cancel the mission IMMEDIATELY, and if you pass out due to torpor, ask your buddies to cancel the mission so you are the last dying on it and the creatures (hopefully) won't eat your body.

As for races, just don't die. It's hard enough considering the stats of the mounts given for the race and how everything will ignore you unless provoked, so anyone picking your stuff has been patiently stalking you for a very, very long time, just for you to commit a mistake they don't even knew you would.

bog beatdown - your gear doesn't vanish, its left  behind even if one of the dinos 'eats' your body, this i know for a fact, and im sure the other wave missions are the same.  that means anyone in there can grab the stuff from your bag.  Even after the end of the mission regardless if it was completed, or failed your body bag will still be there if no one picked it up.

Personally, I'd like to see the ability to take anything off a player's corpse changed. 

The way I programmed our loot system for corpses in one of my earlier game development projects was to place a timer of 30 minutes on the player object (the body) for 30 minutes, giving the dead player time to get back to the corpse or rally friends to help recover it. Once that 30 minutes passes, then the corpse is able to be looted by other players. This gives you as a player a fair chance at recovery of your items. After 45 minutes, the corpse decays and is lost period.

Archived