Next TLC Ideas (Not obvious ones)

UDGxKnight

Suggestion

Not sure where a proper thread is to place this so just combine with one appropriate if needed.

SO we already know the obvious TLC creatures (Carno, Plesi, Mammoth, etc obviousness) however I would like to point at a few things that could be good in general.

Insect Breeding- Now I know this is a hot topic for WC since they don't want to do the lifestages of the bugs and the fact that bugs produce tons of offspring bla bla realism bla. I would like however if we just made them generic. It can be surmised that dinos layed more than one egg per sitting but ours only lay one, in that same idea if the Arks can genetically modify creatures and make the mythological reality then why can't bugs just grow up like normal creatures orrrr do what the Reaper does in its growth cycle. Insects just get outclassed and its a shame cuz they are some of my favorite tames. Let me know what you think.

Giant Bees- I think these deserve to be shoulder mounts. It would be awesome  to have a giant bee sitting on your shoulder and defending you like you were its hive, and if you got in danger it would produce drones to attack and distract the aggressor. I just think its a shame that their only purpose is to become a hive and just sit there and not be appreciated for their design.

Fish- All fish (Coels, Saber Salmon, Piranha, and even the Leeches/Lampreys) should not be able to be above level 1. Size changes are fine but why can a fish that can't fight back and does me no good to catch in a fish basket tip off my charge tame's 150 radar? Unless fish get some other kind of use I think they should just be made to only spawn at level 1 like Jerboas.

5 replies to this server topic

18 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Not sure where a proper thread is to place this so just combine with one appropriate if needed.

SO we already know the obvious TLC creatures (Carno, Plesi, Mammoth, etc obviousness) however I would like to point at a few things that could be good in general.

Insect Breeding- Now I know this is a hot topic for WC since they don't want to do the lifestages of the bugs and the fact that bugs produce tons of offspring bla bla realism bla. I would like however if we just made them generic. It can be surmised that dinos layed more than one egg per sitting but ours only lay one, in that same idea if the Arks can genetically modify creatures and make the mythological reality then why can't bugs just grow up like normal creatures orrrr do what the Reaper does in its growth cycle. Insects just get outclassed and its a shame cuz they are some of my favorite tames. Let me know what you think.

Giant Bees- I think these deserve to be shoulder mounts. It would be awesome  to have a giant bee sitting on your shoulder and defending you like you were its hive, and if you got in danger it would produce drones to attack and distract the aggressor. I just think its a shame that their only purpose is to become a hive and just sit there and not be appreciated for their design.

Fish- All fish (Coels, Saber Salmon, Piranha, and even the Leeches/Lampreys) should not be able to be above level 1. Size changes are fine but why can a fish that can't fight back and does me no good to catch in a fish basket tip off my charge tame's 150 radar? Unless fish get some other kind of use I think they should just be made to only spawn at level 1 like Jerboas.

I like these but the bee thing is a Maybe. I think it would be cool if You can turn their have into a Natural turret.

Bug breeding could be same as the Blood stalker. with some bugs like athros , crabs and others while Spiders , mantis would lay eggs

and i think almost ever animal could be breedable

Basilsk, titanoboas ,Bats , Most bugs and more are just normal breeding.

But some others required different ways

Drakes and Wyverns need to be in there trenches and so and some items (Element ore for drake and sulfur for wyverns

tamed reapers can have Queen barbs as females (male is Prince and Female is Princess) You breed the Prince with the Princess and you have a 5 min timer then she will turn Enraged and you have to weaken her (like a Queen) but you may kill her by accident. and then once the deed is done she will fall asleep for 2 hours. only can breed on AB

Crabs need to be in water to breed and there egg looks like a bloodstalker egg but bigger

Rock Golems need to have A ton of resources like sulfur , oil , crystals etc. and they need to be on a Mountain. then they will lay a Large Rock with the baby and you need to "build it up" and you have 2 options. you can cut it short and can turn it into a Rubble golem, or take 5 times longer and make a Rock golem. (and The main body can be different colors)

Enforcers will "Ensemble" a new one! as the breeding

Griffins need to be on the highest part of the map! and will only eat Mutton as baby's

@Udam Interesting ideas all around, and yeah I understand the apprehension on the Giant Bees it was just the idea I have had for them ever since they came out. The drones dont have to be OP or anything just like if you are being chased by a raptor then they can distract it. 

I can agree on the wishing everything was breedable but there are some creatures that would dominate if they could breed (wyverns, basilisks, and reapers to be specific) so maybe it is ok that they can't. Always have to keep in mind that if you let something get too powerful then the community will complain about it and it will get nerfed to near uselessness (managarmr, which the massive range ice beam did need a nerf I won't deny but I didn't think in damage or it's mobility).

I’d love it for insect breeding, and also titanaboa, but I do agree with night that no breeding reapers wyverns basilisks ect. Cus there is just a point where you can’t do something like that, unless you put a setting for turning off wyvern, reaper breeding ect... and on most officials it would be off. I love the idea for the odd requirements for some of them @udam like the rock gol needs to be in mountain and can be rubble or rock and enforcers “building” an new one, but you need to find a reason to need two, I like the griffin idea but they maybe shouldn’t be breedable. Bat breeding would be awesome! Maybe some fish too but I’m not sure a higher level fish does anything unless you used it for a kind of fish farm.

I think it’d be awesome to see TLC patches for Bats or Spiders. I think they’d be cool and fun to work on. I also believe Pelagornis are in much need of one, as they are practically useless. I know they can swim and all, but let’s be honest, no one, and I mean no one, uses them. It would be awesome to see what they could do with them to make them practical. 
Other than performance changes, there are so many animals that should be breed able under certain conditions, for instance:

Wyverns can only be breed in heats above 65C° (or something like that)

Basilisks can only breed on Aberation, and lay eggs underground in a little whole, which have to be incubated with a basilisk or poison wyvern on wandering around them.

Karkinos must be fully submerged

Archived