REMOVE THE HOST BARRIER FROM CONSOLE PLEASE!!

BeetleOak

Suggestion

REMOVE THE HOST BARRIER FROM CONSOLE PLEASE!!

Look, there are many people who want to enjoy your game with there friends without having to pay money just to buy that. What im asking is for you to remove the barrier from non dedicated servers, and if your worried about performance issues, then provide the proper up dates for console so that you dont have to worry about the removal of the host barrier causing issues. Take a game like the forest, it has an ability to have a private game and they dont have a barrier, maybe put a player limit which if you go past the limit then the barrier takes effect, so please do something to get rid of it.

17 replies to this server topic

Me and my friend wanted want to play ark and I like exploring the map when she likes to stay in one spot and I am always fighting with her too because she has built her house away from mine and I have to walk over there to hers just so she can continue building. Also when I need to go feed my animals on ark and she wants to do something else when she teleports to me she gets mad at me and I say I CANT HELP IT so PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS Take off the barrier for everyone on non dedicated servers.

As an experienced Console-exclusive player, no. I was around for when the tether was temporarily adjustable, and it sucked. My friends and I were crashing constantly crashing, and my console fans have never made so much noise. Ark has a lot of moving parts that just don't mesh well with non-dedicated and thus require the tether. Take it from someone who knows, you don't want this, it isn't worth it. 

Give us the option to disable the non dedicated server host tether distance, for PC players at least
Some of us only play the game with our friends only on this mode, since its easy to set up and allows us to play with each other without having a lot of experience with servers -it doesn't require us to pay for server hosting and means that we don't have to keep pestering parents to allow us to port forward to open dedicated servers, and avoid the problems that come with using dedicated servers for this. The biggest problem with the server tether distance for us is the caves and certain spots on the Island which are treated like the caves stopping us from playing due to the way that the teleportation works. The host PC always works well at the settings we are running with the host tether distance cranked up to 999999 allowing us to access all other areas on the map.
I understand the reasoning for doing the host tether distance as well as settings like dinosaur hibernation, but please give us the option to disable these in the settings.

Archived