Viosiax

Single player/non dedicated glitches

Posted (edited)

Single player/non dedicated glitches.

So since the most recent update I here are some glitches I have found on my single player/non dedicated.

#1 Dino wipes do not work untill you relog.

#2 Ferox does not scale with taming multiplier, disappears randomly when transforming.

#3 Dinos walk off when dismounted.

#4 Over spawning of dinos in all biomes/certain dinos not respawning after killing all of them ie. Ferox does not respawn. (Overspawn of coelacanth/ammonite in ocean biome.)

#5 Certain Dino’s don’t spawn for example. Bog biome has no fish/Kapro/sacro/spino there’s no fish in the snow biome either.

#6 Bloodstalker drops you after pulling you up (not struggling).

#7 Non dedicated host can not see bloodstalker webs but players join can.

#8 When in lunar biome throwing otter off shoulder it floats to ground (I assume as intended) when teleporting to other biome throw otter off shoulder still floats to ground as if still in lunar biome. (Fixes after relog)

#9 On non dedicated players that join can fix glitches but on log out does not save that you have fixed it, therefore resetting the number back to 0.

#10Tranqed dinos disappear when teleporting out of biome.

#11 (not game breaking but irritating) X dinos don't show proper markings on taxidermy bases, bloodstalker dermis does not line up with base at all.

Please feel free to comment below with other bugs you have found I will add to the list as I find more issues. 

Some listed may not be just on singleplayer may also affect official. (Possible on PC, XBOX, PS4)

Edited by Viosiax
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 2:36 PM, Viosiax said:

#5 dinos walk off when dismounted.

Yes, I have been noticing this too.  It doesn't happen every time but enough times to be annoying.  Odd thing is, even the flying creatures walk off.  They don't fly away.  Yesterday my pteranodon started walking away from me when I dismounted.  Intrigued as to where he was going I followed him.  We were on a beach and he headed into the water.  Once the water reached his ankles he took to the air and just hovered there.  It was weird.  Today my Sarco waddled off slowly when I dismounted him.  If I run up to the creature and get back on him and dismount again, he stays still. 

• Like 1

My map has a bug with respawning resources , when i teleport to a different biome before resources are respawned i will loose the ressource forever.

i use use the -preventhibernation command on startup.

i have some barren places that where one ressourcefull places but they are completely barren since 30 real hours.

i spend a lot of time to monitor this issue by using the slowmo comand until it respawns but sadly some are gone forever

(refertilizer dont work for metal and crystal)

my singleplayer map is now officaly broken

also when i tranq a dino and teleport to a different biome it will vanish instantly

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Myrm said:

Yes, I have been noticing this too.  It doesn't happen every time but enough times to be annoying.  Odd thing is, even the flying creatures walk off.  They don't fly away.  Yesterday my pteranodon started walking away from me when I dismounted.  Intrigued as to where he was going I followed him.  We were on a beach and he headed into the water.  Once the water reached his ankles he took to the air and just hovered there.  It was weird.  Today my Sarco waddled off slowly when I dismounted him.  If I run up to the creature and get back on him and dismount again, he stays still. 

This bug is as old as the game. In my experience Is more common in climbers (rock drakes p.ex.), and more rare in others (flyers p.ex.). WC never cared to fix this and never will (or can't).

In aberration i had all sorts of complications farming drops on the surface with my rock drake wandering off 100-200m away in one area that almost everything is a 1 hit kill for a player...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, habano13 said:

SPAWN PROBLEM NOT FIXED WIT THE NEW UPDATE, MAYBE A GROUP OF MONKEYS WOULD DO A BETTER WORK THAN THIS DEVELOPERS

•  

Why don't you fix it then if you can do any better?  If a bunch of monkeys can do better work than the devs, then you should be able to fix it, unless you are even worse than a monkey. Why not contact the devs with precise instructions on how to fix this problem, and where in the coding the problem lays. 

18 hours ago, Myrm said:

Why don't you fix it then if you can do any better?  If a bunch of monkeys can do better work than the devs, then you should be able to fix it, unless you are even worse than a monkey. Why not contact the devs with precise instructions on how to fix this problem, and where in the coding the problem lays. 

i have bought the game, the mimium i deserve is playing the game correctly, i have been waiting a month for the problem fixed, but the developers dont read this topic.

IM PAYING MONEY FOR THE GAME BRO, I DONT HAVE TO FIX ANYTHING, THE DEVELOVERS RECEIVE MONEY FOR PROGRAMMING THE GAME, SO THEY HAVE TO FIX IT.

I hope you undestand that in spite of your little´s brain.

Regards

• Facepalm 1

I’ve noticed a couple of bugs not mentioned. I play ark on Xbox if anyone is interested: 

- certain Dino’s don’t spawn for example my bog biome has no fish/Kapro/sacro/spino there’s no fish in the snow biome either (haven’t checked other biomes)

- and I used to be able to fix glitches, but now when I see a glitch I can’t actually fix it, it doesn’t even give me an option to. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Andrew30717 said:

I’ve noticed a couple of bugs not mentioned. I play ark on Xbox if anyone is interested: 

- certain Dino’s don’t spawn for example my bog biome has no fish/Kapro/sacro/spino there’s no fish in the snow biome either (haven’t checked other biomes)

- and I used to be able to fix glitches, but now when I see a glitch I can’t actually fix it, it doesn’t even give me an option to. 

Thank you! Added the first one to the list because I know it's on PC, but not the second one untill I confirm it's on PC.

Edited by Viosiax

On 3/29/2020 at 5:30 AM, Andrew30717 said:

(...)

I was about to make a post about this. Can't interact with glitches anymore (both things stopped worked - HLNA don't mark and there is no interact box when approaching them)... so funny that even the glitches have bugs in this mess.

And @Viosiax:

"#1 Settings get reset with every update" My settings got wiped when Genesis came out, not after any patch;

"#3 Breeding Interval are ignored has large timer even if slider is set to low breeding" is not true for SP. I'm using Genesis just for breeding (lots of high level to tame and flat space to build in the Arctic) and all my modified intervals are working just fine;

"#8 Wild ferox randomly transforms without element" i think is actually a feature (they randomly transform when you approach them since day 1);

"#13 Resources fail to respawn in a appropriate amount of time" was always a problem in SP (the area needs to be loaded to respawn resources and when you unload the respawn timer freezes. Is an endless loop of pain. Set your respawn to a lower setting so they actually respawn when you load the area or you never gonna see any metal or anything in any of your Arks after a while.

And just to add to #6, the overspawn of coelacanth/ammonite is insane (every hit anywhere in the ocean is dozens of them dying - surely they are messing up the spawns everywhere).

7 hours ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

I was about to make a post about this. Can't interact with glitches anymore (both things stopped worked - HLNA don't mark and there is no interact box when approaching them)... so funny that even the glitches have bugs in this mess.

And @Viosiax:

"#1 Settings get reset with every update" My settings got wiped when Genesis came out, not after any patch;

"#3 Breeding Interval are ignored has large timer even if slider is set to low breeding" is not true for SP. I'm using Genesis just for breeding (lots of high level to tame and flat space to build in the Arctic) and all my modified intervals are working just fine;

"#8 Wild ferox randomly transforms without element" i think is actually a feature (they randomly transform when you approach them since day 1);

"#13 Resources fail to respawn in a appropriate amount of time" was always a problem in SP (the area needs to be loaded to respawn resources and when you unload the respawn timer freezes. Is an endless loop of pain. Set your respawn to a lower setting so they actually respawn when you load the area or you never gonna see any metal or anything in any of your Arks after a while.

And just to add to #6, the overspawn of coelacanth/ammonite is insane (every hit anywhere in the ocean is dozens of them dying - surely they are messing up the spawns everywhere).

Thank you very much I will update it asap! ❤️

Posted (edited)

Something I have noticed in my SP game:

In my outpost in the volcano biome, when I leave my females Magmasaur on mating and they are next to a male, also on mating, they lay down fertilized eggs when I log on in my outpost near them even if they are NOT in lava (they are displaying the red message and are literally standing on the ground, no lava nearby). Basically, I log off, log on again, fertilized eggs. This might be limited by the mating timer. Teleporting to the volcano biome does not proc this bug, only when I log on in the biome. It has happened to me a couple of times, I havent done any further testings, but it's a thing. The only mod I use is omnicular, so I doubt it has anything to do with mods.

Oh, no that I think about it, another thing:

I have built a trap consisting of a bunch of stone behemoth gates somewhere in the ocean biome. When I trap a turtle in, it glitches through as if there was nothing. I tested different configurations, like gates in series with only the ones at the end closed, or a big circle made of behemoth gates. It doesnt matter, they just swim through it as if there was nothing there. So, cannot trap a turtle in my SP game.

Edited by NeoDeusMachina

Posted (edited)

i have the same problem cant find otters or fish in the water in arctic.

in non dedicated i can as host not feed the ferox my friend can but i cant, after taming i also can not feed the ferox.
other ferox disappear the cave was full of ferox and now just only 1 that was stuck in a rock, there left and we did not kill any of them.

please fix it!

Edited by mellanie