Gaming PC good enough?

JeremyTG24

Gaming PC good enough?

Hello, im going to buy a gaming PC to play Ark Survival Evolved on. is this gaming PC setup good enough to run Ark?
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V4DTBNF/ref=psdc_427954031_t1_B07BQQ7951?th=1
If you know the awnser please tell me if i can run it or not, it will be really helpfull.

If you want to contact me:
Discord: JeremyTG24#2040

A Ryzen 3 chip makes me cringe, you are better off if you are insisting on going with AMD, going with at minimum a Ryzen 7 chipset the 2700X is awesome and runs everything and then some. I run 16gb for memory and do just fine with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb video card and have no issues at all.  I wouldn't bother with a Ryzen 3 aka i3, less cores, less performance, and it's a really delicate balance between cpu / mobo / memory and a good video card.  Also, be careful from ordering from Amazon, we did a few unboxings and got computers with the wrong parts in em, sometimes missing parts altogether, they shouldn't be trusted.  I've had better luck with Newegg and Best Buy. For a 100% satisfaction, I always recommend having it built at a local computer shop or building it yourself tho. 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, JeremyTG24 said:

Gaming PC good enough?

Hello, im going to buy a gaming PC to play Ark Survival Evolved on. is this gaming PC setup good enough to run Ark?
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07V4DTBNF/ref=psdc_427954031_t1_B07BQQ7951?th=1
If you know the awnser please tell me if i can run it or not, it will be really helpfull.

If you want to contact me:
Discord: JeremyTG24#2040

The Ryzen 3 in general would be fine, for the same reason that back in the day I built a friend a gaming PC with a Radeon 7850 and a Anniversary-Edition Pentium Dual-Core (not hyper-threaded) and it ran within 5% of the generally accepted speeds of other systems with Radeon 7850s.

The problem is the GPU (graphics card) the system will use to run ARK.  See, this system doesn't have a traditional GPU, it has an APU.  AMD's Ryzen 3 3200g is an APU, meaning the CPU and the GPU are on the same chip.  The GPU onboard the 3200g APU, known as the Vega 8, shares system memory to use as graphics RAM, which overall is much slower than GDDR5, GDDR6, or HBM (these are dedicated forms of graphics RAM).  Not only that, the literal size requirements of fitting a CPU and a GPU on one AM4-socket chip mean that the GPU cores present must be 1) cut down in number, and 2) cut down in speed.

ARK is well known to be a graphically demanding game if you are trying to run near your native resolution with non-Potato graphics.  A low-end discrete graphics card like the RX560 would run you about 100 dollars, and a mid-range card like the RX580 or the GTX1060 would run you about 160 dollars, and would get you miles and miles further than the Vega 8 APU would.  OF  COURSE we could all just quad-fire 2080s or Radeon VIIs and max-4K ARK all day, but if there is a budget involved and a timeline, these are reasonably alternative suggestions.

Also, the SSD is too small to install the OS and ARK on.  ARK takes a TON of space, because the devs set it up to reserve a lot of extra harddrive real estate so they can ensure space for their big patches.  You'd have to put ARK on the 1TB harddrive that comes with the system.

Archived