Gamma Final Boss Gen

Rayine

17 minutes ago, Rayine said:

Gamma Final Boss Gen

So my friend and I beat the boss on gamma with a yut and tek rexs. yay for us! HOWEVER, we lost everything in our inventory upon return....I dont feel like that is right?? Is that supposed to happen? So all that grinding to get decent tek went to waste :(

they used the same cut scene coding from the tek cave on the island for the final boss on genesis, its been like this forever and they have yet to actually fix the coding, and with genesis they still never bothered to fix the issue when using the same routine.

The only way to avoid this from happening is at the end of the battle quickly place all your items on your person into one of your dinos.   The items will return with the dino, and you won't lose them.

1 hour ago, Rayine said:

Gamma Final Boss Gen

So my friend and I beat the boss on gamma with a yut and tek rexs. yay for us! HOWEVER, we lost everything in our inventory upon return....I dont feel like that is right?? Is that supposed to happen? So all that grinding to get decent tek went to waste :(

Hey bud, are you on official pve? I'd love to join you if you do the fight again. I'm solo on my server and kinda getting envious of all the tribes that have tek skiffs already :P

I tried asking around my server but seems all the tribes that have skiffs are Chinese, so no luck :/

That's impressive nonetheless. Currently we are considering 4 Ferox (riden) + 3 Rex (riden) + Yuti + Daeodon + 11 Kentro (each with 30 cakes) for Beta, which is almost the same as Gamma, but the boss got more HP.

Kentros have proven their worth, with the pack bonus they deal even slightly more damage than Theris, and while they can't use saddles, the pack bonus grants defense that can't be pierced by arrows of Avatars and Giga bites. And of course, they reflect back damage. A lot of damage. They take half the time to raise, only taking 1 imprint on the 5x server we play on, don't need saddles (altho this is more of a minus, they compensate with the previously said bonuses), and are ridiculously small, so it's easy to make a breeding matrix or just sorting them for the boss.

inch by inch, they deal with this boss with the same furious rage of Rexes, but are easier to get going and far superior in how long they will last (16 kentros took me 12 minutes to get killed in the last stage with no Daedon or Yuti).

Ferox are high risk solutions, and that's why we only plan to bring 4 with riders. The boulder throw can instantly rage a Giga with enough players, and this can preceed a Tek Rifle burst. If need arises, one can use a Ferox with a good helmet and jump on a cluster of enemies while furiously attacking. Fully addicted, a good Ferox used this way can easily dispatch even the Reapers or Gigas of the last stage in a split second.

So we did the boss again.

1Yutyrannus - Journeyman saddle ca 60 armor

2 Daeodon - 100k+ Food on each + 2500 Basic Kibble on each.

1 Ferox with 2 riot helms

16 Tek rexes with 30-40k HP and 500+ in damage - 25-50 armor on saddles

Shotguns 140+ damage.

Stews & brews, 500 HP, 200 stam, 240 weight and the rest in movement speed.

Focal Chili and Medical brews were life savers.

Bring all soups for additional buffs.

Unfortunately only 1 of 5 players that went in survived the fight.

This means there will be another video where we all survives!

Fight starts at 4.45 min in the video. Check it out here below.

7 hours ago, xYxBoomerxYx said:

Thank you for the video! Its very helpful, where going to attempt it on our private server as soon as ive bred up our Tek Rex line. What stats are yours on hatch? At the moment i have 11.4k Health and 414% melee for ours. Any tips for us before we go in? 

12.5 k hp and 436,5% melee are our best rexes on hatch, but the ones we used in the vid were just random shi*t we dragged up before our line was finished.

For the final phase watch out for his stun beams.

Bring 1 or 2 Daeodons, mounted are prefered, they heal your dinos faster. Use all available soups for extra stat buffs on your character. If you get stuck on the ground shoot the gigas and reapers with your shotguns as much as you can. And focus keys!

Always have 1 tame on ignore group whistles, follow on you and passive.

This way you can get up on a tame fast when in need. Focal chili for speed buff is a really good soup. But use em all for additional buffs. Also put a lot of points in movement speed on your character. You will need it. NO fortitude is needed!

The gigas and reapers must die quick so try to whistle your rexes on them when you see them. I know its hard but try. Then just run around with your yutyrannus and buff the rexes where you can.

Just dont forget to gather keys, its easy to get distracted. Thats what the boss want. Hope this helps you out!

Good luck!

On 3/27/2020 at 7:04 AM, TR-8R said:

I am interested in how many of your dino survived the ordeal , especially the last phase with giga and theirs bleeding attack that designed to eliminate tame regarding of how many mutation they have .

The Chinese players figured it out.  It’s called “antidote”.   

Feroxes destroy that mission,  no mutations needed.

Just adding our experience so far ......5 of us on official Xbox small tribes. First attempt 2 meks (prim) 19 rexes and a yuty rexes where 35-40k health rest melle (Saddles from the ocean missions ) all died on the very last dmg dealing part.   

second attempt 19 rexes 1 yuty  5 members 50-55k health on Rex rest Melle all high armour saddles. 
they actually died quicker then the first rexes. And if you get shocked off with a reaper and giga on u it’s GG meds brews don’t even work properly in boss arena

3rd attempt will be 5 ridden ferox 5 on shoulders high armour helmets  max addictions and “antidote” for giga bleed. I mean my first hen ferox has almost 1k melle

but 4th attempt will be rhinos ???

• 1 month later...

1. You can repeat the boss as often as you like. The person who opens the portal has to have completed the minimum number of missions, but anyone else in the portal radius can join you without needing all the missions done. Your mission count won't reset.

2. Yeah, you can bring normal rexes. Pretty much anything you can bring to a regular boss arena on any other map.

3. No gigas (because of #2).

4. Best strategy we found was staying under a bridge, riders on high dps feroxes, 2 ridden rexes with tek saddles for ranged damage to boss, and 2 dedicated key runners.

• 2 weeks later...

I recorded extra long. So you can see, that you keep your stuff on return. (Skip to the end)

Do keep in mind. Some that came along, had a black screen, but still kept their progress/gear.

I have heard that some lost gear and progress (missions/certain engrams).

Than I think it's a gamble. Just like with transferring chars between servers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, BVKnight said:

1. You can repeat the boss as often as you like. The person who opens the portal has to have completed the minimum number of missions, but anyone else in the portal radius can join you without needing all the missions done. Your mission count won't reset.

2. Yeah, you can bring normal rexes. Pretty much anything you can bring to a regular boss arena on any other map.

3. No gigas (because of #2).

4. Best strategy we found was staying under a bridge, riders on high dps feroxes, 2 ridden rexes with tek saddles for ranged damage to boss, and 2 dedicated key runners.

thanks a lot for info. im going to try gamma soon :) * i dont have decent tek rexes, but my regular rexes will murder all . yeeeee

Archived