Bloodstalker useless outside of Genesis

Demigod

Bloodstalker useless outside of Genesis

Decided that today was the day I wanted to get a Rock Drake egg. Transfer to Aberration with a throwaway Bloodstalker, thinking that its incredible grappling abilities would make it ideal for getting an egg. I spawn at the portal, Bloodstalker seems pretty good and is swinging around everywhere. I descend into the pit, and the entire time I am fully unable to grapple anything. I cannot shoot webs at the cliff, the structures, anything. I am quickly overrun and end up dying. 

I had a similar issue on Extinction. Went to the Sulfur Marshes and had to walk the Bloodstalker most of the way there. Wouldn't even attempt to grapple the terrain. I am not sure if this is an intended mechanic but it limits the utility of the Bloodstalker significantly.

Bloodstalker useless on other DLC maps

I’m sure the devs are aware of this by now, but I thought I would bring it to their attention just in case.

When using a Bloodstalker on other DLC maps, such as Extinction or Aberration, the grappling ability of the Bloodstalker is almost entirely restricted. There are very few trees and structures that can be grappled onto. The HUD will show the indicators of where the webs will shoot, but attempting to grapple will result in nothing happening, along with a 5-second cool down until you can attempt to grapple anything again. There are areas where it is possible to grapple, such as the portal area of Aberration or the trees in the city on Extinction. But the freedom of movement is restricted to walking outside of these zones. Traveling in the wastelands or where the Rock Drake eggs are is not possible via web. Try to get a Rock Drake with a Bloodstalker and see what happens: you will not be able to leave the nest.

Please fix this. I like the Bloodstalker and would like for its utility to be extended to other DLC maps. Since Aberration cannot have flyers, the Bloodstalker is the best choice to grab eggs with.

On a side note, I have found it impossible to grapple the Attack Drones in the Lunar biome on a Bloodstalker. The purple icon will appear indicating that they can be grappled, and the web will shoot at them, but they are instantly freed and unable to be grappled from that point on. If it is possible then perhaps Im doing it wrong or there is a trick to it, but I have had no difficulty in grappling the Seekers or Parasaurs or Raptors or the other small creatures in the Lunar biome.

Archived