Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Disconnection

I get lost connection from host constantly. I'm pretty sure its not actually a internet problem because those tend to look different, plus, it only happens in specific locations. Mainly ocean and arctic, and rarely volcano. I can't swim in the ocean for more than 30 seconds without disconnecting. I have tried validating files, it says 7 files are missing and says it re downloads them, but when i validate again, another 7 files are missing. I installed graphics drivers and reinstalled the game. This has been happening since gen came out. I'm getting super tired of this and just wondering if anyone has a fix. Though it says i have 2 tb, I have ark downloaded on a 480 gb ssd. There is 100 gbs left the in the ssd.

Specs according to steam: 

Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    Model:  B450 AORUS M
    Form Factor: Desktop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  AuthenticAMD
    CPU Brand:  AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor            
    CPU Family:  0x17
    CPU Model:  0x8
    CPU Stepping:  0x2
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  3394 Mhz
    12 logical processors
    6 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Supported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    AVX2:  Supported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Supported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    DirectX Driver Name:  nvldumd.dll
    Driver Version:  26.21.14.4259
    DirectX Driver Version:  26.21.14.4259
    Driver Date: 3 4 2020
    OpenGL Version: 4.6
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 74 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    VendorID:  0x10de
    DeviceID:  0x1e89
    Revision:  0xa1
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Primary Display Size: 18.74" x 10.55" (21.50" diag)
                                            47.6cm x 26.8cm (54.6cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 6143 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x 

Sound card:
    Audio device: Realtek HD Audio 2nd output (Re

Memory:
    RAM:  16332 Mb

VR Hardware:
    VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    Media Type:  Undetermined
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  2364943 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  1788869 Mb
    OS Install Date: Dec 31 1969
    Game Controller: None detected
    MAC Address hash: 044436838c81494fdf333ebafb220d79c359fb15
    Disk serial number hash: 42d7f31b

I tested it on official servers, but wasn't able to test it to the full extent as a bob.

Mods:

Mod List 731604991 - Structures Plus - https://bit.ly/2mNFOnf 849985437 - HG Stacking Mod - https://bit.ly/2rOxD9M 1114986779 - Advanced Engram Unlocker - https://bit.ly/2U1k1va 821530042 - Upgrade Station v1.8i - https://bit.ly/2uqzO7p 1404697612 - Awesome SpyGlass! - https://bit.ly/2U7e26Z 751991809 - Death Recovery Mod - https://bit.ly/2Ua3ILz 741203089 - eco's RP Decor - https://bit.ly/2r8DoC1 1814953878 - CKF Remastered - https://bit.ly/2YK81R1 1609138312 - Dino Storage V2 - https://bit.ly/32rEqtZ

This is not the only server i have had the issue on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BarryTheFast said:

I can't swim in the ocean for more than 30 seconds without disconnecting.

 

6 hours ago, BarryTheFast said:

Mainly ocean and arctic

I have the same problem since yesterday on my private server. Gamefiles repared, game reinstalled, mods deactivated and so on; nothing helps. Unplayable atm...

Edit:

Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
    Model:  Z270 Gaming Aegis X3 (MS-B909)
    Form Factor: Desktop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x9e
    CPU Stepping:  0x9
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  4200 Mhz
    8 logical processors
    4 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    AVX2:  Supported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Unsupported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    DirectX Driver Name:  nvldumd.dll
    Driver Version:  26.21.14.4166
    DirectX Driver Version:  26.21.14.4166
    Driver Date: 12 6 2019
    OpenGL Version: 4.6
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    VendorID:  0x10de
    DeviceID:  0x1b80
    Revision:  0xa1
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  3440 x 1440
    Desktop Resolution: 3440 x 1440
    Primary Display Size: 31.42" x 13.19" (34.06" diag)
                                            79.8cm x 33.5cm (86.5cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 8191 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Lautsprecher (3- io|2)

Memory:
    RAM:  16330 Mb

VR Hardware:
    VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    Media Type:  DVD
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  2376599 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  1622111 Mb
    OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970
    Game Controller: None detected
    MAC Address hash: c96f45c1af498118dc41bb23f6e474bc28f553ba
    Disk serial number hash: 0

 

 

Edited by Drystan
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Drystan said:

 

I have the same problem since yesterday on my private server. Gamefiles repared, game reinstalled, mods deactivated and so on; nothing helps. Unplayable atm...

Edit:

Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
    Model:  Z270 Gaming Aegis X3 (MS-B909)
    Form Factor: Desktop
    No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x9e
    CPU Stepping:  0x9
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  4200 Mhz
    8 logical processors
    4 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    AVX2:  Supported
    AVX512F:  Unsupported
    AVX512PF:  Unsupported
    AVX512ER:  Unsupported
    AVX512CD:  Unsupported
    AVX512VNNI:  Unsupported
    SHA:  Unsupported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported

Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    DirectX Driver Name:  nvldumd.dll
    Driver Version:  26.21.14.4166
    DirectX Driver Version:  26.21.14.4166
    Driver Date: 12 6 2019
    OpenGL Version: 4.6
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    VendorID:  0x10de
    DeviceID:  0x1b80
    Revision:  0xa1
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  3440 x 1440
    Desktop Resolution: 3440 x 1440
    Primary Display Size: 31.42" x 13.19" (34.06" diag)
                                            79.8cm x 33.5cm (86.5cm diag)
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
    Primary VRAM: 8191 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
    Audio device: Lautsprecher (3- io|2)

Memory:
    RAM:  16330 Mb

VR Hardware:
    VR Headset: None detected

Miscellaneous:
    UI Language:  English
    Media Type:  DVD
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  2376599 Mb
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  1622111 Mb
    OS Install Date: Jan 01 1970
    Game Controller: None detected
    MAC Address hash: c96f45c1af498118dc41bb23f6e474bc28f553ba
    Disk serial number hash: 0

 

 

Have you had problems with your network before?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing for 214 hours and in these hours of gaming the Ark servers are disappointing me too, as well as my small clan, lag that cannot be considered as such since it is completely frozen, falls that kick you out of the game and when we try to reconnect the server does not appear until after 15 to 20 minutes.
We come from Atlas, and it makes me wonder if the same thing will happen when the game finally comes out officially and not in beta format like now. Will the same happen? Do we spend the money for this mess of servers? Does anyone from the creators take it seriously and have the will to solve it?
We will see, but at the moment the Ark servers are a resounding failure. I still have time to make a return of the game and I think I will.  ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryTheFast said:

Have you had problems with your network before?

I had some similar problems on ragnarok once. Also by swimming and diving. But after that we played quite a long period without any probs. Especially on valguero it worked really fine. I forgat to mention that my friends have the same disconnection thingy atm. Most of us are playing way more then my 1,6 k hours . To answer your question more concise: no network problems in general.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

Same problem here. For about 2-3 weeks I disconnect from the ocean biom almost as soon as I enter the water. 

This solution kind of sucks to have to do and i'm not sure it would work for you, but it worked for me and i'm very happy. Today I switched to a new ISP and got a new router along with it, and now it is working perfectly, I am assuming that it was the router, not the ISP though. Like I said, it sucks to have to do, but maybe you could try getting a router if you really want to play ark that much? I think it was 100% worth it though because I was needing to switch anyways and upgrade :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having this exact same issue, especially in the Ocean Biome. I can not complete any ocean biome mission without crashing also taming in this biome has a 99% chance of failure in my opinion (on Official PvP) mainly due to the fact that you will disconnect and drown or be killed by an electric eel. Also electric eels killed me in one zap I have 400 health and 20 fortitude. They are way too fast and way too strong and they cause the game to crash. Also the Ocean Biome has small pockets in the water where Megalodons get stuck. I wish I had a picture but I have seen over 10 megalodons swimming in an area where they are trapped. The only way I can fix this is by bringing a max level mosasaur. But good luck because I will lag out three hundred times before I can get back into my mosasaur in time before 39 eels and 59 megalodon rip it apart. I seriously feel bad for all the single players and solo players who are trying to progress in Genesis. Genesis should have been held back for at least another year. We are now testing your unfinished work. @wildcardstudio

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, BarryTheFast said:

This solution kind of sucks to have to do and i'm not sure it would work for you, but it worked for me and i'm very happy. Today I switched to a new ISP and got a new router along with it, and now it is working perfectly, I am assuming that it was the router, not the ISP though. Like I said, it sucks to have to do, but maybe you could try getting a router if you really want to play ark that much? I think it was 100% worth it though because I was needing to switch anyways and upgrade :)

Actually tried on 2 different ISPs and 2 different routers with the same result. Lot of other players also disconnect. So far we figured out that ammonites, basilos and anglerfish and coel overspawn. we had about 2500 ammonites in the ocean. nearly 800 anglers, 200 basilos. coels where about 5k. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TiiaAurora said:

Actually tried on 2 different ISPs and 2 different routers with the same result. Lot of other players also disconnect. So far we figured out that ammonites, basilos and anglerfish and coel overspawn. we had about 2500 ammonites in the ocean. nearly 800 anglers, 200 basilos. coels where about 5k. 

Oh wow. So your issue is fixed now? And it was server side, not personal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TiiaAurora said:

Actually tried on 2 different ISPs and 2 different routers with the same result. Lot of other players also disconnect. So far we figured out that ammonites, basilos and anglerfish and coel overspawn. we had about 2500 ammonites in the ocean. nearly 800 anglers, 200 basilos. coels where about 5k. 

I think this could be one of the problems aswell... The spawn rates of Coels especially, they are EVERYWHERE! It must be really hard on the server to calculate all these units. 

Switching routers etc. won't help, it's a problem with the server, not the client. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've come to believe that we are NOT actually getting disconnected, but, rather the game is crashing.  In my case, mostly in ocean, but sometimes elsewhere, I will be playing fine with no indication of lag.  I've been disconnected from lag spikes, and the behavior is obvious, as you won't be able to access dino inventories, etc prior to timing out.  In this case, it will be sudden.  Usually with a quick change in direction, or opening or closing an inventory, the game will simply freeze.  After a couple of minutes (maybe it's 40 seconds... hard to say, seems like FOREVER) the game will go to the smoke loading screen playing the loading music, and do it's ridiculous 3 minute "deload" sequence (how come Ark is the only game using this engine that has to reload the entire code base just to go to the server screen?).

 

Now, about 75% of the time it will return to this screen, the crash when I attempt to reload.  Sometimes before I attempt.  Once in a blue moon it lets me in again, sometimes crashing after completely loading back into the game.

 

Each and every time, I get the same "A resource was deleted before it was released" error message.  There's no option to report errors (more evidence Wildcard couldn't give a crap), or I'd be doing it.  Nor can I copy/paste the text.  I could screenshot it, I guess.

The "disconnect" I believe is post crash.  Meaning, the client crashes, but hangs, until it's broken out of the crash by the eventual server disconnect when the connection times out.  So I think the crash is what's getting us, and the disconnect is a symptom.

It mostly happens in the ocean, but again, I think that's related to this visual bug that causes a crash (resource deleted before it was released).  

Yes, the ceol's are a huge issue.  They are on the island, too.  If you spin an island server, and do NOT do dino wipes the way they do on official, as players kill sharks and basil they are slowly replaced by coel's.  I say slowly because there's a % chance they spawn in  each time, so sometimes it's sharks, et al.  Eventually only ceol will be left, and since they spawn in threes, you have to get all three to open that spawn slot.

The problem is actually simple ecology.  On land, the dinos are eating each other.  Birds eat the coel in the rivers, all the small trash dinos are constantly being chased and eaten by the raptors, carnos, etc.  As a result, the spawns keep themselves fairly balanced.  But, in the ocean, they have no such ecology.  Nothing chases anything else, or eats anything else.  The ceol have no predators, so when they spawn, they just remain, holding that spawn slot.  Players rarely kill them, too, as they have no real value.

Since they spawn in threes, replacing a single shark or basil, eventually you wind up with three times as many dinos, and that could cause some server side or client side issues, as the render range for ceol is small, and they tend to pop in all at once.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 3:03 AM, BarryTheFast said:

Oh wow. So your issue is fixed now? And it was server side, not personal?

No it's not cause even after a dino wipe it just takes half an hour or so to go back to the numbers that are there. For now I can't play Genesis until either our admin managed to lower/control the spawns or there is something from wildcards side, but I assume he is faster :D 

I also think that people with a crappier internet (like me) are affected stronger than people on fiber etc. My tribemate does not crash/dc/freeze however we wanna call it. But certain people on the server do. Mainly those who have weaker connections (i have 30mbit down, 10mbit up). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TiiaAurora said:

No it's not cause even after a dino wipe it just takes half an hour or so to go back to the numbers that are there. For now I can't play Genesis until either our admin managed to lower/control the spawns or there is something from wildcards side, but I assume he is faster :D 

I also think that people with a crappier internet (like me) are affected stronger than people on fiber etc. My tribemate does not crash/dc/freeze however we wanna call it. But certain people on the server do. Mainly those who have weaker connections (i have 30mbit down, 10mbit up). 

I have 1.000 Mbit down and 100 mbit up... I still get daily disconnects. 

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a post about DC's as well. But thought id spread the video here as well. People can confirm that it is the same issue they have or not.

 

Following link is to a video showing me DC'ing on only NA servers.

 

Following time-stamps are the points of interest.
2:40 NA DC
6:25 NA DC
13:45 EU no-DC
16:34 EU no-DC
19:20 EU no-DC
22:20 NA DC
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gamborg said:

I got a post about DC's as well. But thought id spread the video here as well. People can confirm that it is the same issue they have or not.

 

Following link is to a video showing me DC'ing on only NA servers.
 

 Yep.. Exact same issue here.  
Same error message, same freeze before DC.... 

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

After 3-4 weeks, i'm still suffering from disconnects. 
I can play on any other map without any problems, but on my Genesis server I can't. 

I can play perfectly fine in the early mornings or late at night, without any disconnects. But around the time: 16:00 GMT+2 and the next 6-8 hours I cannot play without having disconnects. 
It's very odd that it's the exact same time that our server chat starts to get spammed with "squares" from none-european languages and the server ping goes up to 200 or more... Coincidence? No. The servers can't handle the traffic from these places! 

Edited by TraXz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...