Need help to create Clusters Server

Elsolo1992

Need help to create Clusters Server

Hello, first let me apologize for my bad english but I will do my best! ?  (and in addition i'm a BIG noob in server creation)

I rent a dedicated server for install a ark clusters (Genesis and Scorched Earth) for me and my friends but i can't make it work.... Do you know a complete tuto/guide to help a noob like me to setup my server ???

For the moment, i have succeeded in create 2 servers and create cluster but when i move he ask me to recreate my character.

I used Ubuntu Server. I install Steamcmd in a folder named "Steam", in this folder i create 2 folders (ark_genesis and ark_se) and i make a install of app_update 376030 in each of them . Then in "ShooterGame" folder of each i create a "Saved" folder and in this folder i create the folder "clusters" and i used the command " ln -s ...." to symlink these folders.

I used a .sh launch each of servers:

for server genesis:

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
./ShooterGameServer "Genesis?listen?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=Genesistestserver0006?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=120?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=27016?QueryPort=27015?ServerAdminPassword=********?ServerPassword=********?Port=7777?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1" -clusterid=elsolo27nausi4135467 -server -log
echo "To stop the server press Ctrl+C before time runs out!"
echo "Rebooting in:"
for i in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
do
echo "$i..."
sleep 1
done
echo "Rebooting now!"
done

for Scorched Earth:

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
./ShooterGameServer "Scorched_Earth_P?listen?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=SEtestserver0006?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=120?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=27018?QueryPort=27017?ServerAdminPassword=******?ServerPassword=******?Port=7777?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2" -clusterid=elsolo27nausi4135467 -server -log
echo "To stop the server press Ctrl+C before time runs out!"
echo "Rebooting in:"
for i in 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
do
echo "$i..."
sleep 1
done
echo "Rebooting now!"
done

I can see my servers, i can travel but he ask me to recreate a man...

Someone can help me please ? ^^

info: I used this guide for help me:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Dedicated_Server_Setup

https://www.linode.com/docs/game-servers/create-an-ark-survival-evolved-server-on-ubuntu-16-04/

i don't speak german but i make my best for understand this guy XD

1. You have port=7777 in both scripts.  Use 7779 for Scorched Earth
2. The map name for Scorched is ScorchedEarth_P

./ShooterGameServer "ScorchedEarth_P?listen?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=SEtestserver0006?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=120?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=27018?QueryPort=27017?ServerAdminPassword=******?ServerPassword=******?Port=7779?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save2" -clusterid=elsolo27nausi4135467 -server -log

Thanks you Larkfields! I changed the port ans it's works! For the name of the map it was just a bad spelling in topic but it was good in files ^^.

Now I have a other issue ... I want install mods, when I add "ActiveMods=1974423293,731604991,1364327869,1404697612,741203089,880871931"  in GamerUserSettings.ini the server don't install mods and if i add

[ModInstaller]
ModIDS=1974423293
ModIDS=731604991
ModIDS=1364327869
ModIDS=1404697612
ModIDS=741203089
ModIDS=880871931

to Game.ini server don't start .... I don't unbderstand how install mod ... How i can do please?

Add -automanagedmods onto your command line...

./ShooterGameServer "Genesis?listen?MaxPlayers=10?SessionName=Genesistestserver0006?AutoSavePeriodMinutes=120?RCONEnabled=true?RCONPort=27016?QueryPort=27015?ServerAdminPassword=********?ServerPassword=********?Port=7777?AltSaveDirectoryName=Save1" -clusterid=elsolo27nausi4135467 -server -log -automanagedmods

You need to stop your server before editing the ini files, otherwise it will ignore and potentially overwrite any changes you make.

Double check your GameUserSettings.ini has something like...
[ServerSettings]
ActiveMods=731604991,1333671171,821530042,793605978

And your Game.ini has...
[ModInstaller]
ModIDS=731604991
ModIDS=1333671171
ModIDS=821530042
ModIDS=793605978

I don't know if the Linux version of the server needs that SteamCMDInstall.sh script.  Perhaps someone with a modded Linux server could comment.

I try follow https://ark.gamepedia.com/Talk:244.3  and it's doesn't work. After hours of mopping on several forums, it's seems it's a issue of missing steam api in some folders.... ?

I will restart to zero using LinuxGSM. it's seems more easy ^^ Thanks for your help Larkfields ? . I wiil be back if i had troubles XD

Ubuntu and Ark don't really play together very well. I've seen the best results with Debian.

Though from the little I have seen, the Linux port in general behaves rather poorly. After much troubleshooting I stopped trying on Linux, and just went to Windows with ASM. Which I still feel a little bad about, because I'd rather use Linux. In the end though, I'd like something that works the way it should without having to play a card shuffle game to get mods to update, or the servers to even be visible.

Hello, I managed to create my serveur clusters using Ark server tools. I helped myself with these tutorials:

https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools

https://www.solosaga.com/2020/01/ubuntu-18.04-ark-survival-evolved-dedicated-linux-server-with-structures-plus-mod/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro9OPVmY-2A

Here is my solution for a cluster server. (Sorry for my bad english i will do my best ^^). You must use Ark server tools, check the links above for details.

For the arkmanager.cfg file the most important is to deactivate the lines related to the GameUserSettings.ini, like "serverMap=" and lines starting with "ark_" .

# ARK server common options - use ark_<optionname>=<value>
# comment out these values if you want to define them                                                                                                                                                                          # inside your GameUserSettings.ini file
#serverMap="TheIsland"                                               # server map (default TheIsland)
#serverMapModId="469987622"                                         # Uncomment this to specify the Map Mod Id (<fileid> in http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=<fileid>)
#ark_TotalConversionMod="496735411"                                 # Uncomment this to specify a total-conversion mod
#ark_RCONEnabled="True"                                              # Enable RCON Protocol
#ark_ServerPassword=""                                               # ARK server password, empty: no password required to login
#ark_ServerAdminPassword="keyboardcat"                               # ARK server admin password, KEEP IT SAFE!
#ark_MaxPlayers="70"
#ark_GameModIds="487516323,487516324,487516325"                     # Uncomment to specify additional mods by Mod Id separated by commas
#ark_AltSaveDirectoryName="SotF"                                    # Uncomment to specify a different save directory name

You must also add the "alternate configs" at the ends of the files

# alternate configs
# example for config name "ark1":
#configfile_ark1="/path/to/config/file"
configfile_ohayogenesis="/etc/arkmanager/instances/ohayogenesis.cfg"                     #For my Genesis server
configfile_ohayose="/etc/arkmanager/instances/ohayose.cfg"                                #For my Scorched server

defaultinstance="ohayogenesis"                                                  #I don't know why but it's important, choose the "main" server .

After that, you need to configure the files "/etc/arkmanager/instances/ohayose.cfg" and "/etc/arkmanager/instances/ohayogenesis.cfg". Personally I copy and rename the "main.cfg" file to "ohayose.cfg" and "ohayogenesis.cfg" and i delete "main.cfg"

Be careful, for a cluster "arkserverroot=", "arkbackupdir=", "ark_AltSaveDirectoryName=" and Ports (Port, RCONPort, QueryPort) must NOT be the same. Here is an example:

# Uncomment this to specify the Map Mod Id (<fileid> in http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=<fileid>)
arkserverroot="/home/arkserver/ark_genesis"                                     # path of your ARK server files (default ~/ARK)
arkbackupdir="/home/arkserver/ARK-Backups/ark_genesis"

# ARK server options - use ark_<optionname>=<value>
# comment out these values if you want to define them
# inside your GameUserSettings.ini file
serverMap="Genesis"                                               # server map (default TheIsland)
#serverMapModId="469987622"                                         # Uncomment this to specify the Map Mod Id (<fileid> in http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=<fileid>)
#ark_TotalConversionMod="496735411"                                 # Uncomment this to specify a total-conversion mod
ark_RCONEnabled="True"                                              # Enable RCON Protocol
ark_RCONPort="27016"                                                # RCON Port
ark_SessionName="Ohayo Genesis"                                  # if your session name needs special characters please use the .ini instead
ark_Port="7777"                                                     # ARK server port (default 7778)
ark_QueryPort="27015"                                               # ARK query port (default 27015)
ark_ServerPassword="**********"                                               # ARK server password, empty: no password required to login
ark_ServerAdminPassword="**********"                               # ARK server admin password, KEEP IT SAFE!
ark_MaxPlayers="10"
ark_GameModIds="1974423293,731604991,1364327869,1404697612,741203089,880871931"                     # Uncomment to specify additional mods by Mod Id separated by commas
ark_AltSaveDirectoryName="Save1"                                    # Uncomment to specify a different save directory name
ark_clusterid="**********"

# ARK server flags - use arkflag_<optionname>=true
#arkflag_OnlyAdminRejoinAsSpectator=true                            # Uncomment to only allow admins to rejoin as spectator
#arkflag_DisableDeathSpectator=true                                 # Uncomment to disable players from becoming spectators when they die

# ARK server options - i.e. for -optname=val, use arkopt_optname=val
#arkopt_StructureDestructionTag=DestroySwampSnowStructures

#arkPreStart="/etc/arkmanager/instances/instance.start"              # Set this to override the start script; defaults to config file name with .cfg replaced by .start

Now you can install server with the commande: 

arkmanager install @all

arkmanager installmods @all                      #If you add in "ark_GameModIds="

Then you need to create and symlink the clusters files un the folders "Saved" of yours servers.

ln -s /home/................../server1/ShooterGame/Saved/clusters /home/............../server2/ShooterGame/Saved/clusters

And it's done.  For start the servers, you need to use the command:

arkmanager start @all

Do not forget that there is documentation here (for backup, update etc): https://github.com/FezVrasta/ark-server-tools.

Thank you those who helped me, I finally have my server, I will be able to play quietly with my friends. During confinement it is very helpful XD . Byebye all

Archived