Help: Insta death in lava biome - and I dont know why

merandoo

Hopefully someone can explain this. I was riding my favourite 250 direwolf in the lava biome and then was insta killed. All armor destroyed and my dog has vanished. There is no message of it dying but its gone. I was in the West zone and exiting a tunnel. I have no idea what happened and how to avoid it and how to find my dog.

Any clues?

9 hours ago, merandoo said:

Hopefully someone can explain this. I was riding my favourite 250 direwolf in the lava biome and then was insta killed. All armor destroyed and my dog has vanished. There is no message of it dying but its gone. I was in the West zone and exiting a tunnel. I have no idea what happened and how to avoid it and how to find my dog.

Any clues?

This is a result of the Volcano fireballs, from eruption, sometimes depending on how fast you render, you may not even see them flying, but can still be killed by them, standing on the east side of volcano seems to be unaffected, but anywhere else can be targeted, including the oil / water puddles.

It does approx 7,000 damage reduced by armor / saddles, but will 1 shot any player if taking a direct hit.

Hi OP, Same exact thing happened to me but while riding my bloodstalker.

Im on SP xbox so i ghosted under the map where i died and was surprised to find...

a half dozen magmasaurs were under the map and were somehow able to insta kill me when i got close above their heads and caused my bloodstalker to go swimming in the lava under the map.

Bloodstalker didnt instant die but was unreachable without console commands. Couldnt see tames name until i was under the map so this could have been what happened to your wolf. Unfortunately there may be no way to save your mounts from this bug on official.

Archived