Unable To Transfer Character....

GeneralShogun

Unable To Transfer Character....

So, I have transferred between many servers over the last year or so without incident or trouble until now...

I leveled a toon quickly to 70 on The Island on the same cluster as a Ragnarok server my tribe has moved to, but the character transfer at the obelisk won't let me "Join With Survivor" even though the Ragnarok shows as an option within the cluster; I can click on the server to join it, but the "Join With Survivor" button doesn't highlight and is not clickable.  Any idea why? Is there some rule I am unaware of like the Ragnarok server being too new (it is ~540 days old) or something, or I leveled to 70 in 1 hour...do I have to wait a day?

Thanks in advance for any ideas to cure this.

Unable to transfer back to my server

I transferred my character and a few of my tames from val 728 to rag 110 yesterday and I am for some reason not able to transfer my character back. When I go to join the 728 server again the transferred character option is just grayed out. Does anyone Know why this would be? 

I had a level 26 on the rag server and transferred him off to an Island server.  I then created a new toon on a different Island server and leveled him to 70 in about an hour.  I have tried going to several different pillars/tributes and the red obelisk to transfer him out to the Ragnarok server...it shows on the Cluster Session list, I can even click and highlight the Rag server, it just wont highlight nor let me "Join With Survivor".  I am dumbfounded.

Any suggestions?

Not allowed to xfer character to newer server

like title says, old server is over 21k days old, and newer one is only less than 600 days. I am only allowed to transfer to the new Genesis servers, but everything else is not ok. Its the same mode, same build, and even the same map. The char is lvl 100 so someone pls help. 

Transferring between servers

This is prob a question thats been asked quite a few times but I cant seem to find a definitive answer , the question in is i transfer to my other server ( no cluster) from the first different maps then a tribe mate comes over and i bring him into the tribe over there can we go back to the first server anytime and still be in the original tribe ?

1 hour ago, outbackjack said:

Transferring between servers

This is prob a question thats been asked quite a few times but I cant seem to find a definitive answer , the question in is i transfer to my other server ( no cluster) from the first different maps then a tribe mate comes over and i bring him into the tribe over there can we go back to the first server anytime and still be in the original tribe ?

I don't see why not. With each server you enter, a new tribe must be created. However, your first tribe will still exist on your prior.

5 hours ago, shadowkyuubi said:

Are both servers that you are trying to transfer between legacy

I'm not quite sure how to answer...what I call a "legacy" is from ~18 months ago when the legacy servers transitioned and were wiped.

What I can say, however, is both servers are of the same type and both listed on the same "Cluster Session".  I hope I answered what you were asking?

It's very frustrating that I cannot join my tribe on the Ragnarok server mentioned above without creating a brand new character (which I am not going to do).

I've done some testing since my character was affected by this as well. Here were my findings:

Problem: You've transferred from server A to server B, then came back to server A, only to find out that you cannot ever transfer out again. 

Solution: You technically exist on both servers, and are still able to manipulate your environment with permanence - meaning that whatever you place will remain there, without being disturbed later on or acting as if it never occurred. However, within Server A, the state you are in is that of a shadow - a "duped ghost" - so to speak. 

Your true identity actually resides on server B. Go back to the game menu (not an ob or anything of the sort, but the start menu's server listing) and select server B. If you go there and see that you had to download your character, then that is your true identity. They will be naked with zero items in their inventory, but if you try to leave the server, you'll likely find that you can freely move about now.

The catch: your ghost that resides with all of your accumulated wealth on server A must be extiguished. You must secure your belongings before doing this, along with transferring ownership of your tribe to a trusted friend. I'm not sure how this will go for single tribe owners. 

Once you try to transfer back, it will prompt you to overwrite your character. I did, and succesfully replaced my ghost. However, my tribe was red, as though I'd left it. I needed an invite back to reassert my presence. All worked out well.

If you cannot transfer from one charscyer, then try to log into a server that you were just in. That may be where you still reside. I'm not sure if your belongings will reset once you complete this task without assistance, however.

2 hours ago, Masurao said:

I've done some testing since my character was affected by this as well. Here were my findings:

Problem: You've transferred from server A to server B, then came back to server A, only to find out that you cannot ever transfer out again. 

Solution: You technically exist on both servers, and are still able to manipulate your environment with permanence - meaning that whatever you place will remain there, without being disturbed later on or acting as if it never occurred. However, within Server A, the state you are in is that of a shadow - a "duped ghost" - so to speak. 

Your true identity actually resides on server B. Go back to the game menu (not an ob or anything of the sort, but the start menu's server listing) and select server B. If you go there and see that you had to download your character, then that is your true identity. They will be naked with zero items in their inventory, but if you try to leave the server, you'll likely find that you can freely move about now.

The catch: your ghost that resides with all of your accumulated wealth on server A must be extiguished. You must secure your belongings before doing this, along with transferring ownership of your tribe to a trusted friend. I'm not sure how this will go for single tribe owners. 

Once you try to transfer back, it will prompt you to overwrite your character. I did, and succesfully replaced my ghost. However, my tribe was red, as though I'd left it. I needed an invite back to reassert my presence. All worked out well.

If you cannot transfer from one charscyer, then try to log into a server that you were just in. That may be where you still reside. I'm not sure if your belongings will reset once you complete this task without assistance, however.

Thank you “Masurao”...you saved me from days of frustration! I took your idea and tweaked it a bit as I’m solo player and had nobody to transfer tribe to.  The process that worked for me was as follows: 

1. I went back to server B via server list on title menu not through in-game list And found my character was ready to be downloaded which I did then quit game.

2. Log back in to server A and go to in-game transfer cluster list via tower/transmitter and transferred to server B where it now asked to overwrite the existing character (which used to be the original).

3. Once this is accomplished your “shadow” character will become your only character and can now freely transfer back and forth between the cluster as normal. 

When you get back to server A you will have all permissions no need to be invited back to tribe!

Hope this helps!

20 hours ago, INTIMIDAT3R said:

Thank you “Masurao”...you saved me from days of frustration! I took your idea and tweaked it a bit as I’m solo player and had nobody to transfer tribe to.  The process that worked for me was as follows: 

1. I went back to server B via server list on title menu not through in-game list And found my character was ready to be downloaded which I did then quit game.

2. Log back in to server A and go to in-game transfer cluster list via tower/transmitter and transferred to server B where it now asked to overwrite the existing character (which used to be the original).

3. Once this is accomplished your “shadow” character will become your only character and can now freely transfer back and forth between the cluster as normal. 

When you get back to server A you will have all permissions no need to be invited back to tribe!

Hope this helps!

No problem. I'm glad I can help ease a bit of frustration on a frequent annoyance since support tickets are at best an incredibly vain effort.

A lot of us only have the one character we play with.

seems a bit bugged at times i can not get back into my first tribe on the first server , I was able to when i added a second member to the tribe on server  two i now can not log back to server one and be part of the tribe , The fix used to be just upload again at a obbs therm re-download that char again and mostly it would fix the issue and still have me as part of the tribe , though not now as of today cant seem to get back into my tribe on server one , strange indeed but ill persist to see what option are there as a work around 

UPDATE seems that fix stills works tho buggy as hell had to upload again in a random obbs a few times die do it again until i was able to see myself in the tribe again 

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, Anthonypg87 said:

i'm having same issue. currently stuck on extinction trying to get to rag. 

ill click on the server then click join with character and nothing happens. 

i managed to transfer from rag to ext, but half hour later i couldnt get back

Did you ever find a fix to this because I am having the same exact problem

Archived